Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our court system is awesome!

They are so on top of things and prompt and organized. You might remember me singing their praise in this post. Since then I have been waiting to hear from them on when the new trial was. I finally received a new subpoena in the mail on yesterday, Wednesday the 17th. When I opened it I couldn't believe what I was reading. Take a look for yourself.
Yep, court was Tuesday the 16th at noon! Nice. And this is where it gets good and truly shows how stellar that office is! Upon further investigation of the envelope, to make sure my address was correct since it took so long to reach me(which is was), I couldn't believe what I was seeing!
Those asses didn't even send it to me until Tuesday the 16th! THE DAY OF THE TRIAL! WTH? How do they expect me to show up for court and be their key witness if they don't even mail me something until the day of the trial! I called the attorney immediately after I got the mail, which was at 4:30, and left a message letting them know what happened. All I need is to be held in contempt of court! Of course I haven't heard from them.
Awesome!

3 comments:

Shannah said...

Don't you just love the legal system! I'm positive your in the clear on failure to appear. Hey i was looking at your blog one day about your trip to oregon I believe...where was that uneven shack thing at???

sara :) said...

Nice!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Wow. That's pretty amazing.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out