Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bring on the Speed!

We spent a redneck evening at the races. I love car races! We went to Meridian Speedway with my sisters fam and my parents. As KG and I were walking in a nice man decided to save us $10 bucks. I love saving $10 bucks. His wife couldn't come and therefore he had an extra ticket and we were the benefactors. So nice!
My dad HATES having his picture taken. This is the look I get whenever I take it anyway! :) My mom looks so cute in her little hat.

Gregg just likes to make it difficult for me to take his picture.
And WE were the HOTTEST ones there. Tttssss. (That's the sizzle of your frying finger as you touch our skin. That's how sexy hot we are!:))
Before the races started, and during the National Anthem, three sky divers graced us with their presence and landed in the middle of the track.









First race.
Second race.
Third race.
Fourth race.

Number 37 won and did a spin for our amusement.
Fifth race.
Sixth race.
Seventh race.
The car I picked for this race apparently forgot it was racing on an oval track. The first lap it just kept going straight on the very first turn. Oops. This was the first wreck of the night. I know it's not normal but I LOVE the wrecks. Just like I like the fights in ice hockey. It totally adds entertainment and intensity to the evening!

Eighth race.
Flower is eating her very first Fruit Roll-up given to her by her aunt Sandee. I just don't buy those things. Or fruit snacks. It just really doesn't cross my mind. When she's hungry I want her to eat something that will tide her over. Plus it's all expensive! Am I the only one that doesn't by that crap for my kid? It sure seems like it. She kept saying how yummy it was! She'll have yummy things to look forward to at Aunt Sandee's house. :)
Ninth race.
Tenth race.
Eleventh race and second wreck. They wrecked on the first time around! And boy were they stacked up!
KG keeping score. For each race we all pick a car before the race starts. In previous years we have awarded money. A quarter for the winner, a dime for second and a nickle for third. We'd go home with a buck or two when we were younger. This time we just had points. Three for first, 2 for second and 1 for first. I did not win! Gregg won actually. I think I was somewhere in the middle.
My nieces cute shoes!
Twelfth race.
My dear parents. They have everything there is to have that has anything to do with Boise State. Those are the brightest seat cushions I've ever seen! My mom's shoes were even Boise State shoes. Oy vay.

Thirteenth race. It was fun to play with the shutter speed and aperture on my camera throughout the evening, especially as it got dark. I love that I can still take photos in the black of night! This one shows just how fast they were going!
Third wreck.
Fourth wreck.
Fourteenth race. This is the long race with 100 laps. The first several races were 8 laps each, then a couple were thirty five. I love these little cars. And right after the cars made this turn....
...the fifth wreck happened. This was probably the worst with the most cars involved.





Fifteenth and final race as well as the sixth and final wreck!

We had such a good time! There were actually 21 races and probably a few more wrecks but these are the ones I took photos of. I am telling you...I would love to race out there. Love it. And I think Flower is going to take after my need for speed. She begs me to go faster every time we drive and always says we won whenever we pass a car. She was begging us to let her go ride in one of the cars too. So cute. Hey, maybe someday soon she will. In the 100 lapper there was a 14 year old girl driver. So Impressive. She's my hero.
We didn't get home till almost midnight!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out