Sunday, August 3, 2008

Birthday Dinner.

Today was a tired day. I could not stay awake! All the fun yesterday plum wore me out! We didn't wake up this morning till almost 11. Of course I didn't go to bed till 3:30 am. But apparently that wasn't enough. I slept on and off all day! It was kind of annoying that I just couldn't stay awake. Flower and I snuggled up on the sofa together and watched the original Herby the Love Bug. It was her first time and I wasn't sure it would keep her attention but she loved it!
Tonight we went to my parents house. They have each of their kids over for dinner during their birthday month. This month is both KG and my month! Mom made the best pork chops, mashed potatoes, fresh beans from their neighbors garden and blueberry muffins! So yummy!
At 7:00 the rest of the family joined us including KG's parents. We're very grateful for everyone's generosity but more then that, we are so happy that our entire family that lives here were able to come.
Ryan and Amanda showed up first and we thought Lorelai might enjoy playing outside with Flower. Look how much fun she's having on the slide! :)
My niece Victoria, 10, has quite the sense of humor and likes to make birthday cards. She got some inspiration online for our card but she thought of a lot of it herself. Click on the photos to enlarge them so you can read them.

It was so sweet watching Zach push Flower in the swing.



Sweet Kas and Lorelai.






My mom gave me this tonight. They bought it on a trip they took to Hawaii when I was a just a few years old. I loved using it as a kid. She found it in a drawer today. I love it! It brings back a lot of memories.
We finally gave KG's mom her birthday present a month late! We got this at the Saturday Market in Portland. It's an owl wind chime made from silverware.

I played a game of Visualeyes with Amanda, Ryan, Lauren, Spencer and Torta before we had to leave. Lauren won.
Thanks everyone for coming and hanging out with us! :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

i love the placemat. i have one just like it but of coarse with my name. so much fun. i'm glad that you had a good time with the fam.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out