Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Utah day two::Heritage Park.

We crashed so hard Friday night after all day at Lagoon. KG and I slept 9 hours and Flower slept almost eleven. This is just what I needed right now. Because of some things that happened at this time last year, being at crazy Lagoon was just what I needed to keep my mind off things. Then being so tired I woke up in the same position I fell asleep and had no nightmares. I was a happy lady when I woke.
Saturday we went to Heritage Park. We met up with John and Lisa's family. Phil and his fam went back to Boise that morning. We got to the park at 11:00 and stayed till they closed at 5:00. Six hours and we only made it halfway through the park! There were 53 'places' or things to see and we did about 30. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Enjoy the photos.
All of the buildings/homes were either originals that were moved onto the property, or replicas of the originals. They were amazing!
This was the chapel.


The Relief Society Hall.


The all too familiar R.S. Quilt!This is what their playgrounds were. I wish they were like this now!







This cute little duck was wondering around the playground. :)





We got to take a horse and buggy ride to Brigham Young's home.
This was his home.
This house had the most AMAZING fireplaces!


The note that John is holding says, "Please do not lift the lid of the piano". So we had to lift the lid. I know, immature, but we can't help ourselves! And we had to wait until we were alone or Lisa would have hit John for being obnoxious and glared at me because I was laughing. :)

Cute little beds.
I learned where the saying, "Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite" came from. This nice lady showed us. The only thing holding up your mattress, being straw, was rope. You'd have to tighten your ropes each night or it would stretch with your weight and after a few days you'd fall through. Therefore, sleep tight or you'll fall! The straw was usually full of bugs and you hoped they wouldn't bite you. There you have it. I'm sure I've heard this before but it was fun hearing it again.
The barn was huge.


Back on the wagon to continue the walking tour.
In this house the kids got to do a craft similar to what kids would have done way back then, sand art.








The kids got to have pony rides.









We also walked through the petting zoo area.

This is one of the prettiest birds I've ever seen. The colors are magnificent!




In one of the buildings they were teaching dancing. KG danced with Flower while Lisa danced with Isaac. It was so cute! I am such a baby too. Daddy/daughter moments just really get to me. I got a little choked up several times. It made my heart happy to watch them having so much fun!










The video says it all! They were having so much fun together!

After all the dancing we went to the big white house, The Kimball House. I just couldn't believe how beautiful everything was! And that it could have existed so many years ago. It boasts the largest collection of antiques.









The kids also got to make pinwheels here.
The huge ice cream cone was a welcomed sign! We were so hot and so hungry. We ate lunch first and then enjoyed ice cream.





We stopped by the barber shop and got a good old fashioned shave by Brigham Young. He was seriously hilarious!
Flower was so not happy that I put her in that chair!






I told Mule if he'd go then I'd go so here I am.

We went to the General Store and played with old fashioned toys.

The musical instrument was so fun! It's called a musical tree.

The next shop was so cool! The kids got to play inside pounding shapes into leather while the adults got to play outside shooting a gun! :)






We watched a woman make hats.
This man showed us how to make pills the old fashioned way.

We went to a wood working shop and got to stand in a coffin. Does this guy creep you out or what?!


The whole area was just so peaceful.
We rode a mini train around this beautiful pond. I love this photo!


Then we played on this grassy hill until the bigger train came.


I was so happy that I caught her little dandelion seeds floating off as she blew.
I love her lips! :)


The boys found a grasshopper and were chasing it around. Josh picked it up and wanted to show me. I think this just might be my favorite photo of the whole trip! Normally, as soon as you point the camera in his general direction, Josh starts acting like a maniac and a bratty brat brat and makes it impossible to get a normal looking photo. Well I'm not sure what got into him here but this just melts my heart. It captures perfectly the Josh that I know and love dearly. He is so sweet and loving. When we're at their house he gets behind me on the sofa and gives me necks rubs out of the blue. He held my hand whenever possible on this trip. He constantly gives me random hugs. He is such a sweety! I think this truly shows that.



The train finally came and away we went.




Love these clouds.
'This is the Place' monument.
As you can see we were completely entertained the entire time. And with so much left to do! We were kicked out at closing time. I definitely intend to go back next time I'm in Utah and highly recommend a visit here.
After spending all day together we went to our separate hotels and spent the remainder of the night together as little families.
The three of us went to Chinese. This was KG's birthday weekend so everything we did was his pick.
Flower made friends with this cutie pie.
Look how big she is and she's 6 months younger then Flower!
We got it to go and then came back and watched Nim's Island. After was over KG was out like a light! I waited and waited and waited for Flower to fall asleep, past midnight, while KG snored away. :) Actually the waiting wasn't too bad because I texted Kris most of the night. So fun :0)
What an awesome day!

1 comment:

Norma said...

love the square dancing video.....it was ahoot!!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out