Monday, August 11, 2008

Utah day one::Lagoon!

Thursday night I went to bed late, as usual, trying to get ready for our trip. When I finally went to bed and walked past Flower's room, I was a little startled to see her sleeping right in her doorway. She makes me smile. The fact that she had shreaded her snot rag all over the floor? Not so much.
We were out the door Friday morning by 6:30 am and headed for Utah. Flower fell back to sleep at pretty much the same point she did when I took her to Twin Falls. By 9:30 we were all starving so we stopped in Snowville, Utah to eat breakfast.
We pulled into Lagoon about noon.
We took Flower on her very first ride as soon as we walked in. Dracula's castle. First things first. Is she going to be tall enough?
Yep!

She had a death grip on KG's finger! Note her gaping mouth.It scared her more then I thought it would.
Then we met up with Lisa, Kortnai and the younger kids. Flower did tons of the kids rides and LOVED them!!!
First on the agenda was the planes.

We ran into KG's karate instructor, Mitch, his wife and kids there. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of them.
We had to wait for the train to cross before we could go on our next ride.
We took them on the Tidal Wave! :)
We sat directly across from Lisa and the boys so we could each get photos of the other kids. Topher and Flower were hilarious!

Every time their side went down Topher looked like he was going to puke!
We could barely pry Flower's little fingers from the bar! :-D

Then onto the boats. I love roller coasters and had intended to get right to them. All of a sudden watching Flower having fun became so much more fun for me. I did get three or four rides in but I was perfectly content watching her laugh and smile!
They road in the Starfish boat just for Amanda!

Once John, Phil and the older kids came back, we did some switching around of the kids. Trying to organize with 6 adults and 9 kids got a little overwhelming so we immediately volunteered to take Topher with us and let him and Flower have fun together without anyone else involved. That was really fun for us.










I loved looking at this Art wall. So cool!













I was so surprised at how much the two of them liked this ride! It went pretty high with quick drops and climbs. Fun stuff!




The train ride around the pond and little zoo was nice and relaxing.


After lots and lots of rides, we got in the really long line of the Log Flume, hoping to get wet to cool us down. On the way there we finally ran into Katie and Dave Sturgill. It was nice to see them. Eventually the rest of our gang met us there. We had already been in line for quite awhile so they joined the end of the line.



Toph was ready to be with his fam and I wanted to spend a bit of time with Josh so we made a trade.





We then had to wait for the gang to finish. We joined Kortnai and Jacob. I think this is the happiest baby I have met in a LONG time. He was always smiling and it was sooo easy to get him to laugh. I had lots of fun with him!


We finally decided it was time to take a break and eat dinner. We all did that together and just relaxed for a bit. Even after eating we all still felt we needed to cool down so we did the Rattlesnake Rapids together. It was another long line but so worth it. We ended up soaked!



I am trying to move away from the upcoming waterfall.
I did not succeed! :)

We did some more kiddy rides and saw Katie again. We also ran into The Tuller's from our stake. It was so fun to talk to them! I met them both while being a Girl's Camp adviser. Really neat people! I also discovered their youngest son is adopted and they were there celebrating his birthday.

Flower and I did the roller coaster together.
Then KG and John took the younger kids on the train and Lisa, Sam, Lance and I went on the Colossus.





I took photos during the ride. Pretty hard!

Kortnai was nice enough to watch ALL the younger kids so the rest of us could ride the newest ride, Wicked!

Sooo excited!!!
Here's the coaster from the view of the line!

Yep! Straight up....straight down! Yowsa.

Lisa and I took Josh, Rissa, and Lance on The Spider.
I attempted to take photos during this ride too but it was tooo fast.


Kortnai, KG and I took several kids with us to do more kiddie rides while John and Lisa rode some rides together.
After meeting back up around 10:00pm I was so done with that place. I can only deal with the crowds, annoying kids and LOSING children (Isaac and Topher) for so long. Yikes.
We left and the rest of them stayed till closing at 11:00.
On our way out we let Flower do the bumper cars. Soooo stinking funny. She just kept spinning in circles and we could not stop laughing!



Here's a video for your viewing pleasure.

And finally, we took her on the Terror Ride. We figured we scared the crap out of her on the way in, why not secure the fact that she'll have nightmares by scaring the crap out of her on the way out! :) I know, we're mean.
She just kept telling us that she had fun the whole day and so did we! It was such a last minute trip and I am so happy we went!
We drove 14 miles south of Salt Lake to our Residence Inn at Marriot Hotel.

2 comments:

La belle mère said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I was there a couple of weeks ago with Liz and a bunch of her friends, and I totally know what you mean -- the best part by far was watching her having a blast. :-)

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Jealous! I love lagoon!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out