Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun and Crazy Thursday!

First thing this morning I had an appointment with my doc to FINALLY get my ankle brace. Happy happy joy joy. It looks like a Sacajawea boot. Lovely.
It's going to hurt like hell for a couple of weeks too. She assured me of that. I wore it for just a few minutes in her shop and when I took it off it hurt! In essence, it will be putting my ankle back to how it should be. I've been compensating for it for so long that it's messed up alignment and all sorts of stuff. I am only to wear it for about 2 hours a day for the first week, then go to four hours the second week and try to get it to 8 hours by the end of the second week. Eventually, I it will be to the point that I will know the situations in which I need to wear it. That will be fantastic!
After that we went to breakfast at Sunrise Cafe in Meridian.
We went to the DMV to get my new drivers license. I'm actually happy with how it turned out.
And last, we ended up at Idaho Camera looking at new cameras as a birthday gift. I was salivating! So many choices. I can hardly wait to be surprised with a new one!
I am working the long day today since I traded with Barb to have yesterday off. I came in at 1:00 to an awesome surprise! Lynnette, Tex and Barb gave me the cutest monkey and a gift certificate for a Mommy and Me spa day at Monkey Dooz for Flower and me. I am so excited for that. I was totally happy with the singing phone call yesterday that this is over the top! They are the best! And because of the balloons I got tons of happy birthday wishes from tenants and random strangers that came in. :0)
Work was also quite entertaining with some visitors that I had. They definitely kept me laughing! I'm also pretty dang sure that they had a pizza delivered in a fake name to the clubhouse after they overheard me saying I was having a gathering there. Little twits!
At 6:00, right when I was done working, our Student Ward dinner group came to the clubhouse to have pizza (thanks boys) and play games to celebrate our birthdays!
Flower and Natalie had fun coloring and playing with princesses.


Cute baby Dodson.
He is THE cutest! Look at those eye lashes!
And although it's more shallow here, he has the deepest dimples!
Handsome little Alan!
Dodson and daddy Steve.
KG and Dodson's mommy, Cindy. KG just got done telling a dirty joke. Shame on him. ;)

It was a really fun night and I'm so thankful for good friends! I somehow didn't get a photo of Kelly, Natalie's mom. And we missed Lindy!

A random fact: A few days ago I reached 10,000 hits on my blog, in just over a year. Thank you faithful readers.

**ankle brace update...it won't fit into ANY of my shoes. Huge bummer since I was told it would fit into most. Uggh. I am also quite surprised at how bad it's hurting. I have had it on for about an hour now and I have pains shooting up my heel and down the side of my foot where they suspected was a fracture just beyond the x-rays. Nice. I'm staying positive though.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

sorry that the brace hurts. that sucks. hopefully it will start getting easier soon. good luck with it.

KG said...

I don't tell dirty jokes, just jokes not meant for all audiences. =)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out