Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Ashton!

Ashton was my first baby! :) I started watching him at just 6 weeks old. I stopped watching him at 18 months because that's when I started the property management job. At the time I knew I was supposed to take the job, I just didn't know why and I was soooo sad to stop watching him. I missed him terribly! (It was just a few short months later that we were made aware that we were meant to adopt and that job would help fund it!) Anyhow, we've remained close and he holds a special place in my heart.
I was so excited when I received a call from Val(his mom...our hair stylist) today inviting us to go to a movie to celebrate his birthday. Of course we would love to go! I took a tiny break from work this afternoon and the three of us met the four of them at Kung Fu Panda. It was really cute. The kids loved it. Flower and Ellektra had a good time together too. We were also invited over for pizza and cake tonight but I had my photography class and KG needed more sleep since he woke up early to go to the movie. I went back to work after the movie and KG and Flower ran an errand. When they got back they gifted me with my new camera!!! It's my late birthday gift. We are good at doing the late gift thing. The camera will deserve a post of it's own but I am way excited. My photography class also would have been a little awkward since this entire class was designated to the anatomy of the camera! Thanks babe!
After they dropped off the camera they went home and went to bed. Flower didn't have a nap due to the movie. When I was on my way home from my class at 8:45 they were both still asleep. How kind of him to let her sleep that long and that late. She will be wide awake for a good portion of the night! Actually, I'm glad he woke up early to go to the movie with us so I'll deal with it! So that was my day. Nice start to the week! Oh except for the fact that I found out that my very closest friend is getting married and has told me nothing, (it's complicated) yet found the time to call my sister. Can't help but feel like it's a jab at me because they haven't spoken in forever! We have ALWAYS known every aspect of each other's lives. I'm really having a hard time processing all of this and trying so hard not to let my feelings be hurt but I'm not succeeding very well. And I also feel like it's completely my fault! And here come the tears. Nice.
Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out