Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ellektra came to play!!

This morning I really needed something to do. Actually I really needed for Flower to have something to do. There's been a lot going through my head the past few days and so I haven't been the best mom. I wanted Flower to have something fun to do. I called Val and asked if Ellektra could come play. Since I woke up early for court, and then it was canceled, I was all ready for the day with no where to go. We went and picked her up by 10:30 and came home to play. They had a great time. They both have very strong personalities so they fought a little but not as much as I expected. Elle is 9 months younger so she is more in the parallel playing stage more then together. But they did do several things together and had fun. I had fun watching them together.
At one point I took them to the office. I had to open the clubhouse and the office for Lynnette. They had a ball running and dancing together in their dress-up clothes.


Love her face here! Total 'hair blowin' in the wind' carefree happiness.






They were both pouting because I wouldn't let them go run around THE UNCOVERED POOL by themselves! Gosh I'm so mean!
Then we headed back to the apartment. Flower had to show Elle how to walk on the 'speed bump beam'.


After they played and had lunch I took them to get a shaved ice. The shack is closing on Friday! It's a sad thing for me at the end of every summer. I love my snow shack. It brings back so many pleasant memories from high school of EVERYDAY bike rides to the shack by the Ustick Merc with Dan Wright for two summers. :) :) :) Half lemon-lime/half pink lemonade. That's what I got every time! Now I get half pink lemon sour/half tigers blood. Yummo! Flower loves her pink lemon sour. Mostly because it's pink. :)

Val, Scot and Ashton met us there and got a treat of their own. After that they came by the apartment because they haven't been here before.

Tonight we went to the church, KG for Scouts and I did my bulletin. I also left from there to go to the temple. I went along with several other adults to accompany the young men doing baptisms. I was having a good time and enjoying myself but was overcome by emotion at one point and cut out a bit early and walked home. I wasn't particularly needed so it wasn't a big deal but now I completely regret leaving! I've just been that way for the last few days...on the brink of tears so don't you dare look at me wrong! ;) Gotta love pms. I also need to change some things or this emotion will just keep occurring each month! Change is hard. And the fact that my behavior is directly impacting someone else is killing me. And although the next statement won't make any sense to most, I'll know what it means and it's my journal and I want it documented. Even though I have been dealing with some downer stuff this past week, I am so proud of myself for not turning to my old and 'comfortable' way of coping. I am 'feeling' everything and working through it instead of working past it or around it with self-destructive behavior until it's forgotten. :)
And texting...texting is good. Thanks for texting with me K. It pulled me through part of my funk.

2 comments:

A-me said...

love the pictures of the girls! What cuties!! :)

KG said...

How come the pic of Flower and Elle holding hands looks like Elle is cartoonish? Was that a setting you were playing with on your new toy?

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out