Saturday, August 16, 2008

Roaring Springs and Dinner with the Bahr's.

My sister sent me a text late lasted night and asked if I wanted to go to Roaring Springs today. No was my first response. I had already paid to torture myself once this summer at Lagoon. Not again. No thank you. Then she said she had a free ticket. Free torture is better. She persuaded me. We met her, Spencer and Kas there at noon.
Flower had to show Sandee her gum. She is the the best 3 year old gum chewer. She will chew the same gum for hours and not swallow it!


Flower just stayed in the kiddie area. She went down the slide a few times.


The last time she went on the slide her hand slipped out of Kas' hand, leaving her there, and therefor she didn't go down and was scared.

She sat there and cried so the lifeguard had to slide with her. Other then that, she had a ball so I'm glad we went. However, that doesn't mean I liked it. ;) I didn't get in because I had to take photos of course. Besides, I'm not one for parading my half naked body in public. It's pretty slammin' and I wouldn't want to make anyone feel bad about their own body. ;) I did wade up to my knees which was really as deep as Flower was sitting in so I was with her in the water until they went to a deeper pool.
Greg, Phoebe and Cader Dunkley ended up being there so we hung out with them the whole time.
Pheobe.
Kas.
Cader.


Three girls under the water.


Behind a waterfall.




We watched Greg's two while he took Spencer on some of the bigger slides. They all went on some of the rides together giving Flower and I some time alone too.


Trying to escape the mushroom waterfall.









Oh how I LOVE people watching! Yep, she had nylons on at the water park!
Classic.
We had a good time.

Tonight Eric and Rhonda took us out to dinner for our birthday's. We dropped Flower off at their house to play with their brood and off we went! We enjoyed ourselves at Chili's. Eric and KG always make me laugh and they didn't disappoint. We then stopped at Winco to get Deluxe ice cream. :) We went back to there place to play games. Flower had a grand old time playing dress-up. When we got home, the sun burn that I had received earlier in the day was really hurting.

I put sunscreen on everyone else and forgot about myself. Frustrating because I'm usually pretty good. I slather that crap on daily. KG and Flower rubbed me down with Aloe Vera. Flower was being so sweet. Her tiny little hands were so gentle plus continuing to ask so sweetly in my ear if that made it feel better and if I was ok. Then she played with my hair.

She kept turning my head and saying, "Ok, look that way. Now look that way. Does that feel better? You look pretty." Just gave me warm fuzzies. Perfect way to end the evening!
After taking care of some business, I finally went to bed. I was beat!

1 comment:

Gorge Us Family said...

Looks like Flower had a great time! Love the nylon lady.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out