Monday, August 18, 2008

Sushi and O'Farrell Park

I have been wanting good sushi since we ate some good stuff in Oregon. Today was the day. Plus I'm missing downtown. We went to the Idaho Building, which I used to manage before and during managing the Idanha. We went to Superb Sushi. Yum. We got it to go so we could eat at the park. I haven't taken Flower to O'Farrell Park since last year so that's the park I chose. That also provided me the chance to take a short detour by the house and just reminisce for a bit. We enjoyed our Shooshi, as Flower calls it, and meso soup. We then played. Unfortunately we weren't there for too long before I saw some people that made me nervous so we high tailed it out of there. For that reason I only got one photo and a crappy one at that.
We stopped at the snow shak so Flower could get a treat and I could text. Sometimes things happen that make me just wonder why? But the only thing I can do is use it to learn and grow.

Flower had her last gymnastics class of the summer session tonight. She has made so much progress. The biggest things she's improved on this summer are doing the beam without holding a hand and being able to do 'sit and stands' on the trampoline. That means starting in a standing position, bouncing, sitting and bouncing back up to land on your feet. It is so hard to get good photos in florescent light and then having to zoom makes it that much harder but KG did a good job.











Flower received a gold medal and a completion certificate. :o)
I had my photography class. So much information! Tonight I understood a little more then I did last week. I was hoping it would be a little more hands on which is good for me. I don't do so well at simply remembering terms. We did finally get the cameras out for about 15 minutes. It's just so much information to take in that I feel like my brain turns to mush.

After much craziness of vacations and birthday week I feel like things have gotten a little out of control. This week I am looking forward to putting to use some tools that will really help me get centered and be more mindful of what's going on around me. Just the thought of it makes me happy. Today was just ok, but the rest of the week can only get better right? :)

Hope you all have a swell week.

1 comment:

sara :) said...

I totally know what you mean about the 'undesirables' at O'Farrell Park. It's too bad, too because it's a cool park.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out