Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Replay of Yesterday?

A movie date and two parks again? Yep. Only this time three different locations.
This morning I took Flower to the free movie at Edwards Downtown. I was hoping to watch Mr. Magorium but Flower wanted to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I'm all about making Miss Thing happy right? ;) Chipmunks it was. We have seen both and I'm actually glad we went to that one because it is kind of funny and it was nice to see her laugh. This is the first time I've taken her to the free movie. It was REALLY nice not feeling like I had to keep her quiet. There were plenty of other kids asking 'why' every time something happened on the screen too. Amazingly it wasn't loud or annoying though. I enjoyed being there with her!
This lady was letting her son crawl around for most of the movie and she'd just sit on the stairs next to him. I loved how relaxed it was and that letting the kids roam wasn't a big deal. At one point Flower decided she needed to say hello and then sat with her and started asking her 'why' about everything that was happening and the gal was cracking up. I love seeing her all folded up the chairs that she can barley keep down.
After the movie we went to Veteran's Park to play and eat lunch. When Flower noticed that this park didn't have swings she didn't even know what to do with her self. Soon enough we were playing together on all the other toys and she had a blast. We played until I had to be to work.
The next photo is a somewhat scared face. She starts climbing and gets scared. It was one more step to be at the top. I'm sure I've mentioned this to some of you but I really struggle with how skittish she is at stuff like this. I was a 'no fear' child and would do anything! She is always afraid she's going to fall. Well when she's nervous and acting that way, it makes me more nervous. She just needs to build some confidence on the play ground and I know it will come with time but for now, it irritates me! :) Oh, and she did finally take that last step and was fine!
This is another example. She was totally freaked out to walk on the chains. They're like two inches off the ground for crying out loud! If your foot slips you're not going to get hurt. You won't even fall!
She saw this younger girl flying across and finally gave it a shot and made it! She was so proud of herself! And so was I.
This is her ticked off face. She wanted to push the buttons the girl was in front of and, "wait your turn" was not good enough. She turned around, folded her arms and began to pout. I don't put up with that. She was nicely told that she could pout in the car on the way home or she could wait her turn and treat people nicely. She chose the latter and was fine the rest of the time.
I love these things! I was at the connecting one across the playground and we were talking, yelling and laughing with each other back and forth. They are so fun! They remind me of Horton Hear's a Who.
She finally climbed this wall all by herself without being prompted. Yay!


I had to be to work at 1:00 today because I was working for Barb as she is working for me on Friday so that we can go out of town. It worked out well because she had a doctors appointment. I love that we can just switch around so easily to accommodate each other! While I worked, Flower watched Strawberry Shortcake in the clubhouse. Monday was also a long day and she spent time in there watching Peter Pan. Yet another perk of the job that she can come with me and play while I work!
That night we went to Ann Morrison Park with the Goodsell's to play Frisbee Golf.









Lisa's frisbee landed in the water which means you have to fish it out! It's nasty water. She got stuck and John had to pull her out and she almost lost her shoe which got stuck in the muck at the bottom! Blech.






Flower and Topher were playing super heros with their frisbees. Flower's had a cougar on it and Topher's had an eagle. They would hold it to their chest and yell, "I'm cougar girl!" "I'm eagle boy!"as they pushed it hard away from their body. It was super cute. And they would laugh so hard at each other. I love their little imaginations.



Ahhh, they melt my heart.

Yep, Josh had to dig in the water too! So gross!


Tristan is a neighborhood friend and basically their fifth child for the summer. He is such a good kid!
Flower was having fun spinning her frisbee.



We had lots of fun!
We had dinner waiting in the oven for us when we got home. :) I love oven timers!
I also watched the finale of 'I Survived a Japanese Game Show' with KG, did laundry, and did my Sunday Bulletin. Busy day!
And once I get in bed, I'll be watching SYTYCD and I can hardly wait! My two favorites from the very beginning of the show are still on. One girl that has annoyed me from the beginning is to so Katie must win!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out