Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pain. Excited. Annoyed. Happy. Relieved. Sorrow. Disappointment. Joyful.

Those are all the emotions I felt today. Nothing extreme. Well maybe except the disappointment. But I just paid close attention today of the different feelings I had and allowed myself to really feel each one.

When I woke up this morning I had a crink in the lower left side of my back. Nice. It's continued to get worse throughout the day. Laying down is the only thing that feels decent. As I write this I am wincing in pain because I'm forcing myself to sit up. :( Because this is much more important after all. :)

While I was working this morning the UPS guy came to the office with a delivery I've been waiting for. KG's belated birthday present. I was smiling ear to ear until the annoyed emotion came up. I love surprising him. He had no idea I had bought him a super nice Digital Video Camera. I sacrificed my new camera by telling him we didn't have the money for it so that I could spend that money on his present. Right now we have a camera/video combo and since I dominate it with my photo taking, he doesn't get to do the videos he'd like. I totally rock as a wife. :)

Flower and I had to make some returns to Target and Old Navy. Then when we got home, the excitement of his gift quickly took the back burner as I discovered we didn't have power. I was sooo annoyed. Never in my life has my power been shut off. It's our fault but I was very frustrated with the power company and they heard about it. I've had power in my name since I was 19 and never had a late payment. We still have an account with them in our name for our home which we've had for over 8 years. That bill is autopay. All of our bills are. We were under the impression that both Idaho Power bills were getting paid at the same time! We don't even open our statements, from any company, when they arrive because they're always paid automatically. We just file them. That was dumb on our part. The thing that pisses me off is why can't they put a sticker on your door and let you know your getting shut off the next day. That would have caught my attention and I would have figured all this crap out pretty quickly. So yeah, since April, our bill hasn't been paid and we had no idea. Nice. That also put a wrench in my afternoon plans. Sewing, laundry, computer time, do the Sunday Bulletin and cook lunch. All of which needed electricity. Flower and I went out for more sushi. We tried a new restaurant at the recommendation of a friend. I loved the decore!
I told Flower to hit the gong with the mallet. She had no idea how loud it was going to be and it scared the crap out of her! :)

It was delicious! And that little plate was enough for lunch and dinner! That's always nice!
When we got home we read and napped.

I was so happy when KG woke up and finally saw his surprise lying next to him on the bed. His brand new video camera! I love seeing him happy. Here are photos of him with the new camera, bed head and all! They were taken with his camera phone, you'll know why very shortly.

I was so relieved when the power was finally turned back on. 7 hours without power sucked! I finally finished hemming some pants. It's the first time I've ever done this! I had to use the seam ripper, starting over 6 times! They're not perfect but I'm happy with them! During the down time I also made cookie dough. Probably not the best idea for me but that's ok. I was finally able to bake them when the power returned.

I am totally in mourning right now. I went to use my camera to take a cute photo of KG with his new toy...it's broke. Won't work at all! I am in deep sorrow at this loss. It's part of my right hand. My right hand is lonely now. It worked just fine for the sushi restaurant photos as you can see from above but apparently that's all it could take. You can hear the gears trying so hard to work but they are just grinding. I'm not surprised. Especially after talking to my instructor. He was shocked when I told him how many photos I have taken with that thing since I bought it a year ago. He was impressed it was still working. He said they are definitely not made to take that many photos. It wasn't a cheapy either. Cannon Powershot S2 that cost me $500 when I bought it! I'll miss you my friend. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself without a camera attached to my hand! :(

I am really disappointed because I had plans all day to go to the temple tonight because I really need to go but it just didn't work out. Not sure I could have even sat long enough anyway with the pain I'm in now! KG gave me a nice massage and it helped for a bit but I can barely walk now. Damn.

Every time I hobble into the bedroom I am overjoyed at seeing KG with his new toy in hand, happily trying to figure it out! :) :-D =) :o) All smiles here!

1 comment:

sara :) said...

You are so much the better person than I am. To give up getting a new camera to buy a gift for your sweetie--I don't think I have it in me. I'm too selfish.

The new camera looks pretty fun!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out