Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Walk.

This morning after completing several tasks on my to-do list, Flower and I went for a walk.
Flower wanted her photo taken before we left. My obsession with the camera has created a monster in her!
She is always such a smiley kid that I almost forgot how much I love her little lips. The bottom one is so plump and pouty. I happened to catch this photo before she was 'ready to pose'.And she has such big brown eyes. Her lips are definitely my favorite feature!
Of course I love her adorable smile as well!Now back to the walk. Today we packed a snack and lunch. We intended to find a great little spot for a picnic. We ventured out a different way today. We made our way to Cole Rd. and entered the ditch path on the west side of the road. This side is so much more green. Oh and on the way, Flower kept saying, "we walk to hell and the bitch?" WHAT?! It took me a while to figure out what she was saying and she just kept repeating, enunciating more each time, as I tried not to laugh. I finally got it, "We walk up the hill to the ditch?" Ah, that makes much more sense. Time to teach her canal instead of ditch.
Evidently the ducks and geese have an agreement that this is the geese side and the east side of Cole is the duck side.







We saw six geese in all. Flower started chasing them and scared them off. The two by the bridge took cover in the water.

She insisted I take of photo of the plane overhead and then she just HAD to see it in the camera right then! Thank heavens for digital!
There were lots of brightly colored bushes along this trail.

And then we came to the gate. HUGE BUMMER! I thought for sure there would be a way around it but no. And by the views I could see that the best was yet to come. What's the deal?! We had only walked about a half a mile. So we turned around and headed back.
Although we had a lot of fun watching the geese, Flower was so not impressed with the geese poop all over the trail and would freak out each time we came to a pile!
It was so lush and green!


On the way back we discovered three male ducks tucked into the weeds.
It started to sprinkle on us and got a bit windy. Since our walk was only an hour so far, we hadn't worked up an appetite for lunch so we sat outside a hotel on the way home and just ate our applesauce.
There's our apartment way over there.Flower loved pushing the button to stop the traffic and crossing such a busy street. It was fun to teach her about the stop and walk signal.We passed through the school on our way and I forgot how much I love the chaos of grade school recess. We enjoyed watching all the different groups of kids playing.And since we couldn't have our picnic outside, we had one inside. Flower had fun making her own peanut butter and jelly wrap.

While Flower napped, I read my book. I am so loving this weather! We've had the doors and windows open for threes days straight. LOVE IT!
For dinner I tried a new recipe as well as a salad and we really liked it. Yeah, it's pathetic that I've never made Chicken Broccoli Alfredo but now I have. It was way better then the noodle concoction we had the other night. Oh and our smoke alarm works too. :) There was hardly any smoke so I'm not sure what the deal was but Flower was amused.
KG just got home from Karate and when he's done eating, we're going to cuddle up and watch 27 Dresses. I've heard it's great so I'm excited!
Good evening to you.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out