Sunday, April 13, 2008

3-day Weekend bliss :o)

KG had a three day weekend. We had the best time together and crammed as much as we could into our days AND still had time to relax. :)
Friday night we just hung out at home. Flower was sitting by me and handed me the camera and requested a photo of the two of us. Here we are:
Then KG got up and she wanted one of "Flowermommydaddy". She says it like it's one word.
I had a nice long bath and enjoyed my book.
Saturday we woke up early and went to breakfast at The Chef's Hut just up the street from our place. We then went to the AT&T store because the sim card in my phone stopped working Friday night. It was obvious that I got up way to early because I was acting like I was drunk or on drugs. We were having a good laugh at how flaky I was being and it was NOT on purpose. :) After that we went to a 'Foothills Festival' in a new neighborhood called Avimor off highway 55. It was such a beautiful day!

We walked around and I purchased a new butter dish to replace the one I broke after my lunatic episode when I tripped in the kitchen. That one was by the same artist and looked similar to this one, just a different color.


Isn't it pretty? You put the butter in the one side and water in the other. Then you put the butter side in the water side. The water acts like a seal and keeps the butter super fresh!
Plus it was made by someone local...even better!
We ran into Eric Jensen and spent time catching up with him. He always makes me laugh. :) He was my next door neighbor growing up. We were two peas in a pod roaming the neighborhood and causing trouble. We ripped the heads off caterpillars, tore the legs out of daddy long legs and nailed various bugs to the fence. When we would fight, because we were kids after all, we would each go to our own yard, gather all our dad's tools and throw them over the fence trying to hit each other with them. :o) Good times.
From there we went to Torta's soccer game.

We just couldn't get enough of the nice weather. We all ended up with red noses from the sun. She played well and her team won again! Flower had a great time roaming about the huge field with her cousins.
We then went home and took naps. At 6:00 the Goodsell's, Johnson's and Mitch/Kristie came over for a BBQ and games at the clubhouse. We had a great time! We even got Gregg to play BOTH games, Hubbub and Qwelf! That is unheard of! ;) Love you Gregg!
Today we enjoyed church together.

Sneaked out after the first meeting. We had to drop Crush off at Meridian Automotive again. :( Here's hoping it doesn't cost us an arm and leg. We then went to the temple. Flower begs to go every time we pass it, which is often. Since it is another BEAUTIFUL day, we took advantage. We had fun walking the grounds and laying in the grass.

















When we came home we all put on lounge pants and had lunch on the balcony. We then snuggled on the sofa. After Flower fell asleep, we watched Drumline. I soon joined Flower in sleep, missing most of the movie :) Apparently I had another night terror during my nap. :o) I saw some kind of bug coming from the ceiling. I don't remember it but KG told me about it. When we woke up, Flower and I made Chocolate Chip Cookies. Evidently wearing these purple shades was necessary for the cookies to turn out right. :)



Seriously, these are the BEST I've made in a while. I always use the same recipe but depending on the weather and any number of circumstances, the end result is different. These are perfectly chewy in the middle with crispy edges. If you want some let me know! Flower and I would be happy to deliver tomorrow.
We ate dinner and are watching Catch Me if You Can. We've had the sliding glass door open all day and are thoroughly enjoying the calm breeze, listening to the birds and squirrels and enjoying our time together as a family.
I love this feeling of contentment that has enveloped me recently.
Peace.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out