Friday, April 4, 2008

My new toys.


Maybe this will be the motivation I need to organize the computer/craft room. Especially since I have two special order requests for things from my shop! It's the only room we haven't finished since we moved in. It's a different size and shape then the room at our other apartment and therefor we are having difficulty finding a place for everything.
So why the upgrade in machines?
I bought my machine a year ago. It was just a beginner machine since I had never sewed before. Obviously I wanted to see if I'd even like it. Well I love it! The cool thing about the place that I bought mine is that if you bring your machine back within a year of purchasing it, you can trade it in straight across for what you paid for it towards an upgrade. Well I would lose that opportunity tomorrow! I thought about just getting a Serger. After making clothes for the past year, I know this is going to be important for the finished product and just look more professional, especially since I sell my wares. But it was hard not to take advantage of a trade in/upgrade like that. Not having to try and sell my machine AND try and get what I paid for it is wonderful! Sooo, when I went in and discovered this AWESOME machine and the deal you get if you buy them in a package, I couldn't resist. With the deal on the two of them together and my trade in, that sewing machine basically only cost me $300! That is incredible. It's normally a $900 machine! You save $300 by getting it in the package and then I got $300 for my trade in so I paid $300 for it! I'm super excited to play with it!
I did pull an 'Ang' moment and was wrapping everything up at the store and ready to pay and discovered that I'd left my wallet home! NICE. I had to go all the way back home, run up the stairs and get my wallet and go all the way back! Oh well. It's mine now!

1 comment:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

I am soooo jealous. I want!!! You are so lucky!!!!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out