Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gymnastics and Juno

Flower had her last gymnastics lesson tonight that requires a parents involvement. She has now graduated to the next group! It is amazing to see how much she has improved since her first month. Unfortunately I have only been twice because of work but I can see HUGE improvement just from the photos. Here are some fun photos that KG took.
I can hardly believe she's on the big beam...and doing a somersault?!


When she first started she was too scared to do the little beam. This is the first I've seen her on the big one. I am so proud of her!


Good-bye Miss Charlotte! You've been a great teacher!
We had an amazing dinner tonight after KG got home from karate. I made this yummy Meat Loaf that Katie Joel made on Oprah. My favorite recipe has always been my mom's which I made my own with a few tweaks. Not anymore. This is my new fav! I also made mashed potatoes that were not my favorite. I used a new recipe which used a type of potato we've never had before. My favorite is still red potatoes. We had the sweetest yummiest corn and biscuits. YUMMY!
We then watched Juno...so funny! I really liked it and it had some great one liners! At the beginning of the movie she is buying a pregnancy test, her third, and the convenience-store clerk who sells it to her says, "What's the prognosis, Fertile Myrtle?" "Your eggo is preggo" "This is one diddle that can't be un-did, homeskillet." :o)
When she's in the abortion clinic the goth chick tells her that the blueberry condoms make her boyfriends junk smell like pie! :)
When Juno told her parents she was pregnant her dad says "I didn't think you were this kind of girl" and she responds "I don't really think I know what kind of girl I am". Brilliant! Thinking back on age 16, I empathize with her and I still do.
One of my favorites was after Juno told her parents she was pregnant and they were having a conversation after Juno left the room. The dad says, "Next time I see that Beeker kid I'm going to punch him in his wiener." Classic. The word wiener just makes me giggle and then to hear it from a grown ass man saying it on tv...could.not. stop.laughing.
I love when she finally confesses her love to him, "You're the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try," "Actually," he confesses in return, "I try really hard." HA!
I just love Juno's personality. I really like the way it ended too with the two of them on the porch strummin and singing away.
I feel like this movie is really important for our teen generation today. The story of Juno could help make adoption "cool." Teen mom's seem to consider raising the baby or abortion as their only options, the former being my experience now days. Adoption could become a more popular option now after Juno made it look like an awesome decision. Obviously, I'm a huge fan of adoption!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out