Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Flower!

We've sort of celebrated Flower's Birthday all throughout the week.
On Monday we went to Target and bought the two things we were giving her for her birthday. As we were passing the kids clothes she proclaims that she needs a pretty party dress. Uggh. I obliged because the one she wanted was more of a casual t-shirt dress and pretty cute.
I took her to Zurcher's on Tuesday to pick out the decoration theme.
She chose Tinkerbell which I was excited about. I thought for sure she'd pick Cinderella or the Disney princess line but she has loved Tinkerbell ever since she saw Peter Pan.
It's nice that she's into something different.
On Wednesday I took her to get her free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. She chose Bubble Gum ice cream on a cone. Could it be because it's pink?!
Thursday night we took her out to dinner. We went to Gino's. Oh how I miss downtown! Nothing will ever compare to living there! I think I took it for granted though so perhaps now I'll enjoy it even more when we make our way over there!
When we arrived we asked our waiter if they do anything for birthdays and he said, "we can wish you a happy birthday". Gee, thanks. How generous of you. He then said if we order dessert he could put a candle in it.
Flower loves their bread and oil dip as much as I do! She loved scooping it onto my plate for me and took great care not to spill.

We all enjoyed our meal and by the time we were done we were actually too full for dessert and decided we needed to get going. Well throughout her interaction with the waiter, Flower worked her magic and he redeemed himself by bringing her a scoop of Gelato with a lit candle. He even sang Happy Birthday with us. He said what Gino didn't know wouldn't hurt him. That was so sweet!


KG blew up balloons and threw them all over Flower's room this morning.
When I woke up I took her to Country Donuts for breakfast.
This used to be my favorite donut shop in Boise. When I was in high school I would sneak out with my friends and come here in the middle of the night! The same guy still owns it. He put up with so much from us back then! :) Since we've lived downtown for 3 years we haven't made it out this way. It's not as good as it used to be but it was still fun for her!
She picked chocolate with sprinkles.
When we weren't looking a rat must have gotten to her donut.
She also picked a pink one, just because it's pink, and she didn't like it as well but she wanted to hold it!
This afternoon I started making the cupcakes and realized I was out of oil. We made a trip to Walmart. Since we were there we ate lunch at McDonald's. It wasn't my intention to go out to eat for every meal today but it sure was more convenient. We went to Zurcher's to have her balloons blown up before going home.

When we got home she went right down for her nap and I got busy making cupcakes. There were two different kinds, yellow with chocolate frosting and rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting.

At 6:00 the party began!
We had the family over for pizza and cupcakes! We missed Grandpa Hunter, Roger and Lauren, and Ryan but enjoyed the company of everyone else that was able to be there. The kids had so much fun playing while the adults enjoyed conversation.



Flower was gifted some really great stuff. Thanks family!





We sang Happy Birthday and let her blow out her candles!


As the family started trickling out, the friends started trickling in. At 7:30 the friends party started. We bought enough pizza to have some left in case the friend bunch wanted some.

Total and complete chaos ensued as soon as all the friends arrived. It was so fun! Flower played with her favorite little pals, Madeline, Topher and Madison. She was totally spoiled with more fun stuff too! It's almost embarrassing.


We are so thankful to EVERYONE that came and celebrated Flower's life with us and showered her with overwhelming generosity. The next couple of weeks are going to be so fun as we slowly play with all the new stuff.
I took great pleasure in plastering a cup cake to John's neck. He deserved it. The cup cake I used was one that he licked most of the frosting off and then put it back on the cupcake rack!




Sorry Sara, but I just have to post this one! :)
And you DO NOT look like a lesbian and I adore your hair! KG just likes to play on peoples insecurities!
So here's where the real chaos began. The kids started jumping from the table to KG, who was on the sofa. He would promptly catch them and throw them over the back of the sofa, leaving them in a crumpled heap on the floor. It must have been fun because they all came begging for more. Poor Sydney lost her drawers a number a times. She is the skinniest little thing I've ever seen. When KG tossed her over the sofa, he was suddenly left holding a pair of jeans! So funny!




And here is where the tossing of the children began. Or should I saying THROWING...at full force! John and KG take great pride in hurling children through the air.
Aside from the fact that Quinn looks so cool flying through the air, check out the freaky action happening with KG in the background! What the hell? Perhaps he's having a seizure? Love it when the camera creates odd images! :)


KG's lookin' a little tired!

I love Flower's expression as well as KG's in the background!


After each of the kids had several turns and KG and John's arms were like jelly, we decided a race was in order to see how quick they could get through all the kids at the party! :) It was so stinkin funny!
After everyone cleared out, the boys spent time trying to get balloons that floated away.

Flower is wearing the cute jammies we gave her. We bought them in China. Each year she will get something that we bought when we went to get her. It was so fun for me to go through 'the bin' and pick out the gift, reminiscing about being there with KG and taking great care in each item that we picked out!

She was very excited to have her cousin Kas spend the night! We immediately put the doll house together and let them play for a half an hour before they had to go to bed. I loved peaking in on them playing together! Don't you think it fits right in next to her kitchen?! :) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Jensen!


They were soon fast asleep after an exhausting day.

We are so thankful for all our friends and family! I would argue with anyone that we really have the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that came and made this a super fun night for all of us! We love you all! :o)

2 comments:

sara :) said...

We had such a good time! As luck would have it, my stupid videos took forever to upload correctly and I got to bed way too late...then I woke up to the kids screaming and fighting over the balloons at 7am!!!!

You got some great pictures-I stole some and I'm definitely taking the parade of kids flying through the air video as well! :)

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun celebrating! I think I would have been tired after all that partying. Flower is a lucky girl, look at all the great family and friends she has! Glad her 3rd birthday turned out great.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out