Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Market, Football and Birthday Booty!

Today, shortly after we woke up, we dropped Kas off at a birthday party and then went to the Saturday Market!

I love this time of year just for these types of things! We had so much fun walking around even though we were freezing!!! It was so stinkin' windy. We went and saw a Parklane co-worker Tammy and bought a beautiful wind chime from her. I have wanted one forever but didn't have a place to put it at the Idanha. The minute we got the balcony I knew I'd get one. I actually gave my mom one for Christmas. She makes them out of antique silverware and gorgeous beads! I love how she curls the ends of the forks! It gives it such a whimsical touch. They are all one of a kind and so different! She will also do special orders if you have a particular color you want. Her company is The Silver Spoon. She also sells charm bracelets and rings out of silverware. It's really cool! Go check it out at the Saturday Market. Her booth is right on the grove! It was so fun to see Tammy and catch up.
Flower sat in a chair and had a man draw her portrait.
We also saw a clown that created a flower balloon for Miss Flower.
Flower got a yummy toffee cookie.
We bought our favorite Blue Cheese dressing and listened to fun music. We had a great time!
After the market we just didn't get enough of the blistering cold wind so we went to my nephews football game. The wind was even WORSE! It was still fun though. He's the one in the bright orange hat! :)


The direction of the wind was definitely affecting game play. The first half of the game his team was getting the snot kicked out of them. The score was 6 to 38 I think. After half time, when they switched sides, his team quickly caught up.


Flower loves her uncle Gregg!
She sat with him the majority of the time until she went for a walk with Papa and Torta and ended up on the play ground. I also got to meet sweet Alyssa, who belongs to Gregg's brother.
The game ended 32-38. They still lost but weren't creamed. We had to leave early because I failed to remember that I had a three year old with me that would need to use the bathroom more then myself, therefor I didn't take her or remind her. Plus she forgets when she gets busy playing with cousins. She wet her pants going down the slide. The wind was so cold it froze her little legs and bum. She cried almost all the way home because I didn't have anything to change her into and her jeans were hurting her so bad.
I gave her the chocolate that Goodsell's gave her for her birthday and that helped a bit and then she fell asleep. Poor thing.

After she woke up from her nap we broke into her Birthday booty. We gave her this bubble machine. Check out how many bubbles that thing produces! Hallelujah for not going blue in the face blowing bubbles any more!

KG and Flower played with her new Disney princess set from Ryan, Amanda and Lorelai.
I'll have to do a separate post of the hilarious videos because I've been waiting for an hour just to get one of them to upload. It's not happening! The video will fill you in on KG's idea of princess play stay tuned. :)
While KG was putting Flower's Big Wheel together, Flower played with her Elmo Waterdoodle from the Bahr's. It is really cool! Such a great idea! She really likes it. We also watched My Kid Could Paint That. It's a documentary about a 4 year old painter. It was really interesting. I am torn though. I still think the father had more of a part then he's admitting. You'll have to watch it to understand.
KG finally got the Big Wheel done.
Kris and Jerry gave it to her and it's a BIG HIT! She still needs to grow into it a bit so she gets frustrated that her feet don't reach the peddles. She figured out how to just push her feet on the floor. The sad thing is, it won't take long at all until she can reach! She's growing so fast! :(
KG and Flower went and got us Oriental Express for dinner. Jimmie, the owner, is back from China after being there for several months. KG had a good conversation with him.
Then we watched Canvas. I liked it. It was an interesting movie about mental illness and how much it affects a child to have a parent with a mental disease. KG thought it was slow. I was doing other things while we watched so I didn't notice. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen or the most exciting but it was good.
Flower put on her pretty Tinkerbell nightgown and slippers from the Johnson's. She is in love with it and her self in it! Can you tell?

Flower is now in bed. KG has the night off and we are both playing on our computers while we watch The Invasion. So far it's intense, creepy and weird. I don't really thinks it's my type of movie.
It's been a wonderfully busy Saturday! :)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out