Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hot tub, Soccer, Reading, Relaxation and Conference

Those are the things that filled our weekend! Friday, while I was still working and before we went to dinner and the movie, KG and Flower got in the hot tub.


As you can see, they had fun.
We then went to dinner and a movie. When we got home, I had to go meet the fire department because the alarm was going off in the entire "A" building. I must admit, I miss my hot firemen from Station #5 that I saw so frequently while working at the Idanha. It was nice to talk to firemen again. :) KG then left for work and I was having so much fun with Flower that I just let her stay up with me. At 12:30 a.m. I finally decided we should go to bed and I let her sleep with me. I am lucky enough to get a child that sleeps 10 to 12 hours a night regardless of when she goes to bed. Thank heavens she doesn't just wake up at the same time everyday regardless.
Saturday I woke up at 10:30, she didn't wake up till 11:30! :) We ate lunch and then went to Torta's soccer game. This is the first game I've been able to go to and she is an excellent little player. Her team won and she scored two of the goals! I don't know if you can really see in the photos but her jersey says Tori and she is number 13! Yay, my favorite number! :o) In that first photo she is 'nursing' her lip. The very first play of the game she took a hit right in the face by the ball. She still played the entire game!




Flower had fun watching the game with Royal and Zach.

I also enjoyed conversation with Lauren, hearing about the perils of 7th grade life and who's crushing on who. Such a fun time of life!


Great job Victoria! You totally rock the soccer field!
Flower and I went grocery shopping after that and then later in the afternoon I got to soak and read for two hours! :) While I was doing that KG started preparing Honey-lime Chicken Enchiladas. They just sounded too yummy not to try! They did not disappoint! Delicious!
We watched the cartoon version of Peter Pan.
I forgot how much I like that one. Some of the Disney movies really get on my nerves. Or the most of the movie is good but then you get a really long, boring part like in Pinochio. It was watching it with Flower since it was her first time.
Sunday morning KG made us breakfast and then we all watched General Conference. I LOVE being able to stay home together, cuddle up next to my sweetheart in our jammies and have 'church'. Here are a couple of photos of Flower's entertainment during the first session.

I also made her a little fort. :)

Between the two sessions we made BLTA wraps together. Yet another thing I'm really enjoying about this apartment! We can actually be in the kitchen at the same time and cook together. It's one of my favorite things to do with KG. We also made Strawberry Shortcake.
While Flower was taking a nap we watching. I Am Legend.
It was actually really good. I didn't think I was going to like it so it was a pleasant surprise. I do need to finish the last 20 minutes because I fell asleep. I woke up just in time for the second session. I made an even bigger fort for Flower for this session.


It's been so long since I've made forts that I had fun. They were pretty simple though so I look forward to making them again, but bigger and better! :) KG then took a nap while Flower took a bath in her swimming suit. That gave me some more time to read! I also talked with John, of the Gaybors, for about a half hour and got all caught up on the building and how it's just not the same now that I'm gone. :) How mentioned how much he and a lot of the tenants highly dislike the new manager. :) Apparently she plays her music super loud all the time and smokes in her apartment! NICE. That's a good way to lead by example. They are currently looking for a new place to live and I wish I could talk them into living here. Neither of them drive and they both work downtown and don't want to have to ride the bus. I'm going to continue working on them though! I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago when we had gone to the hockey game, we saw the owners of the bakery. They too are not impressed with the new manager. She did not make a good first impressed on them and they are not happy with me. :) Several of my former co-workers also don't think highly of her. She acts like she's on speed and therefor comes off very scatter brained. All of this makes me feel so good. I'm glad I was at least appreciated by someone! Anyway, this whole weekend I have been filled with a warm happiness as I've enjoyed so much time with KG and Flower. I'm going to continue and enjoy that as we relax for the remainder of the day. I think I'll start by watching Parent Trap with Flower on the bean bag in her room!
Peace.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out