Tuesday, June 17, 2008

during my down time...

...I enjoyed a few tv shows and movies.
Movies.
Blonde Ambition-cute, annoying at times, syrupy, predictable.
Pride-I really liked it. It had the same happy, warm your heart ending that most sports movies have but it was nice to watch one that centered on swimming. I'd recommend it.
Feel the Noise-Didn't even finish it.
Hottie and the Nottie-Paris was less annoying in this Jessica was in Blonde Ambition so that says something. It was predictable but nice to see the ugly girl pull through and prevail.
Becoming Jane-It was good. I'm not a huge fan of that type of stuff and haven't read all the books. I probably won't watch it again but it was good.
I Could Never Be Your Woman-I liked it. It was cute to watch a mother and daughter(being in junior high school therefore first 'love') falling in love at the same time and how both got giddy and were excited for each other. I thought Michelle Pfeiffer was cute. Tracy Ullman and the whole Mother Nature thing was a fun character. I also liked John Lovitz character as the ex-husband. He was funny. I'd recommend it. Oh and I liked the soundtrack.
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly
It wasn't the most exciting movie. Actually at times it was slow and boring. But I was so amazed at what this man had been through and the ways he learned to communicate and the incredible patience that the therapist required that I just had to finish it!
Flawless-Really liked it and would recommend it. This one is not mindless and neither KG nor I pinned the ending which was a nice surprise! It was nice to see Demi Moore in something again and she had good chemistry with Michael Caine.
Sydney White -loved it. This was so cute and funny. It was predictable but it made me laugh the whole way through so that's all that matters. I'd recommend it. Amanda Bynes is cute but her hair was bugging the crap out of me the whole movie and she sounds the same in every movie. She had a great character though.
Mad Money-loved it. Recommend it. We were totally surprised by the ending. Again, that's always nice. The three ladies had great chemistry together and it was just a fun, different movie.
TV
The Bachelorette-I have watched all but two of the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons. I love them. I make notes. First impression are huge. As soon as they walk out of the limo and introduce themselves, I write their name down and either put a smile, frown or nothing next to their name. I try to limit it to five smiles. After her first eliminations my smiles, Ron, Robert, Jesse, Richard and Jason , had made the cut. Jason got two smiles. He is my favorite, Jesse is my second. The only frowns that she picked were Jeremy and Twilly. Can't stand either of them. After week four, those four are still in as well as Sean and Graham whom I didn't have an opinion by first impression. It wasn't until episode 4 that I liked Sean and episode 5 that I liked Graham. I would love to see her do home town dates with Jason, Jesse, Sean and Graham. The rose ceremony is about to begin. Fingers are crossed. I have a feeling it will be Jesse and Twilly going home. So sad for Jesse. He should have kissed her dang it!
YESSS! Jason and Jesse made it. So did Graham and Jeremy. I just don't understand what she sees in Jeremy! I am excited for next week. On every season that I've watched, one of my smile guys has made it to the finally and sometimes both! I sure can pick 'em! ;)

So You Think You Can Dance-I have never watched this before. I'm not sure why because I am loving it. So is Flower! But someone needs to put a gag in the lady judge's mouth! She is the most annoying woman! I have my favorites for the season all ready and my favorite performance last week was Katee and Joshua! That routine was awesome with so much feeling! They are definitely a good pair!
Can't wait for this week!

And can I just tell you how excited I am for June 24th? VERY! That is the day "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" and "Wipe Out" premier. The commercial makes me laugh so I can't even wait for the shows. I'm having my two nieces spend the night just for the event. I love laughing with them and it's not hard to do so it should be a good time!

2 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

Totally watch the Bachelorette & Bachelor... when they are on... HUGE FAN HERE!!! ;o) WOW.. You got to watch a lot of stuff! I hope you're not getting Bed sores! lol :o) Feel better soon!
I'm rooting for Jason... I think Graham is scared... & not ready for marrage yet, too bad... Deanna is a doll!

Steph said...

I am rooting for Jason too. I love him and I love Jesee but in the end he won't win. Agreed, Jeremy is boring....Can't believe you just caught on to SYTYCD...it is the best ever!!!!!!!!!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out