Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's all about the hair

I did Flower's hair so cute today I had to brag and show it off. She loved it! She stared at the photos forever! I'm sure everyone else has done this and it's certainly not the first time I've seen it or done it. But it is the first time on Flower and she sat so still and let me finagle her head every which way and I love it on her. :)


I started a half french braid (only added hair into the braid on one side) on the left side that goes straight across the top of her head and then swirled it around and curved back around to the left side and left a side swept pony tale. I love it. I've always loved doing hair.

And guess what? I lost three pounds today....of hair. I am a little nervous to reveal. I'm still getting used to it. I have just been soooo tired of my hair lately. And I'm tired of it feeling so heavy and just blech. Plus in thinking ahead to July when we'll be camping for two weeks, I don't want to have to haul a blow dryer and flat iron and blah blah. That's not what camping's about but I also don't want to look like a raga muffin with nasty hair. I'm just so tired of flat ironing my hair everyday and with the style mine has been for last decade, that's what I've had to do. I want something easy for the summer. Thing is, it hasn't been this short in 9 years. Yikes. It's also about an inch or two shorter then what I wanted. I don't mind though because it will only take one month for that 1 inch to be back. And let me tell you, when I got home and showered, I couldn't believe how easy it was! No blow dryer, no flat iron. I was done and out the door in 5 minutes flat. I barley had to do anything. I ran my fingers through it, put in a bobby pin and I was done. It dried right into place. Soooo....wait for it, wait for it.....here it is.

Like, super short. I've been rockin an A-line of some length or another for 9 years. This is definitely different. And I hate when there's been such a drastic change that everyone notices and makes a big fuss. I have been in a constant state of embarrassment today as various tenants and Tex have commented. I just go red and want to hide under the desk. I can hardly wait till it's old news. Won't take long now that it's on the internet! :)
(Sara, I'm so thrilled to be joining you in the Lesbian hair style club!)

4 comments:

sara :) said...

Yes! Lesbos of the world unite!!

I think it's way cute, by the way.

Amanda said...

Flower's hair is so cute I can't believe how long it is now. Your hair looks so good. I Really like it.

Heather BT said...

Love the hair. I'm currently obsessing about doing our Little Miss' hair when she comes home. She has long hair and at eight will think that all Mama's should know how to do hair. But I don't. I think I'm investing in a barbie head to practice with. Not sure what a curly haired, nonfashion obsesed mama is going to do with a straight hair clothes loving daughter, but I can't wait to find out.
Thanks for the inspiration.
heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

ang :o) said...

Sara-thanks!

Amanda-Thanks and I love your new hair cut!

Heather-That is so exciting that you're getting an eight year old! if you were closer I'd totally come over and teach you some fun things! I hope things go quickly for you!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out