Friday, June 20, 2008

Mommy got killed.

This morning I decided to go on a walk with Flower. It seems things have been so busy that we haven't been able to take a walk in the mid morning for quite some time. It felt so nice to get out with her. I did want to have some exercise value so I decided to put her in the stroller instead of letting her walk, that way I could go a bit faster. We did our same route, walking up the hill and going along the ditch. This time we went farther down, until it ended at Hillcrest shopping center. We then turned around and back tracked until we got to Curtis and then I decided to go up that hill. It's not a big hill but pushing a stroller up made all the difference. It was a good work out. I was using muscles in my hips I haven't felt in a long time. And with the heat, I thought I was going to die. We made our way through the neighborhood, down Cole Rd. and back home. We were gone for two hours, I have two blisters on each foot, and sunburned shoulders and neck. I started getting severe ankle pain about an hour in but not much I can do about that. It will be nice to get a brace so that I can wear tennis shoes. Right now I can't because it puts too much pressure on it and hurts it worse. Walking for two hours in flip flops probably wasn't the smartest choice. It felt good to walk and be outside with Flower and that's really all I care about it. We went straight to the clubhouse and soaked our feet in the pool for about 15 minutes and cooled off. When KG woke up I was telling him about our adventure and said, "it about killed me" and right after that Flower pipes in so matter of fact, "mommy got killed." It was funny. After all that, I decided I needed a good soak in the tub. It's been a long time since I've taken an afternoon soak. It was lovely.
When I went to work I didn't feel like I accomplished what I wanted to because I got stuck dealing with a douche bag tenant that is moving out. It was a phone conversation that lasted 35 minutes and took everything in me to keep my cool. I lost it a tiny bit at one point but that got his attention and then he pretty much kissed my ass up one side and down the other and finally took responsibility and did what needed to be done. It was just such a waste of my time. Oh well, not much I can do about that. Then of course he, and two other people show up at the same time. Doesn't it always work out that way?
I had to leave a few minutes early because KG and I had a date night at the adoption agency. We had a three hour training from 6:00 to 9:00. I learned a little bit but couldn't help feeling like it was a tiny bit of a waste of time. So much of it just seems to be common sense to me. And the fact that we have to go for 7 hours tomorrow might have something to do with my bad attitude. Oh well, I'm trying to make the best of it. Flower is spending the night at KG's parents since we were at the training till 9:00 and have to be there at 9:00 in the morning. They have some fun activities planned with her so she was excited to hang out with them. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse after the training and enjoyed just being together. Now we are about to watch the Bucket List and enjoy each other's company.
Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

2 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Love your blog's new look!

ang :o) said...

Thanks Jessica.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out