Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

Flower started swimming lessons on Monday. She was so excited! She talked about it all day. When she got there and saw that she had to stand under a shower before she could get in, she was less then pleased. After they put her under the shower, which was only a few drops on the head, shear panic set in.At this point she wanted to turn around and run! She was also a little intimidated by how many kids there were. After the initially group meeting and discussion of the rules they were split up into their ages for the lessons, then she did better.She got to search the water for cute little fishies.
And she loved playing with the watering can.

She practiced her kicks.
They played motor boat-motor boat.
She went under the water.

She practiced blowing bubbles.





We were nervous about how she's do because when we get in with her she clings and is really nervous. We could have taught her the stuff they are teaching her, and most of it we have. But we were trying to build her confidence and see that she can trust other people and herself in the water. So on the drive there we talked a lot about doing what the teacher asked her to do and not freaking out and just staying calm. When she was all done and got out she gave me the biggest hug and said, "I was good and I didn't freak out!" No she didn't. I was so impressed.
She did so well and I was very proud of her.
I took her to get a shaved ice after and we talked some more and she told me over and over about how brave she was and didn't cry like the other boy (her poor teacher having to deal with that kid) and all the things she did (blow bubbles and kicks). I was surprised that she was less nervous then half her class, two of which were older then her!
I have been bummed out that I missed the rest of them this week but next week those lessons are all mine!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out