Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh YEAH! I totally called it!

I am so good! The Bachelorette came through for me! This is at least the 5th season that I've had the top two from the second I saw them. I'm tellin' ya! My first impressions of people are rarely wrong! I picked Jason as my number one and Jesse as my number two from the moment they walked out of the limo at the first hello. Now I don't care who wins. I love knowing I'll be totally happy with the outcome. I seriously did a big woohoo out loud and scared the crap out of Flower. It was pretty funny. (This excitement was good timing considering what you'll read below.) Now bring on the bitter men. I love watching the men/woman tell all shows. I can hardly wait till next week!

Today was a weird day. The day was going smooth. It was fairly busy but that's not a big deal. I was movin' right along with my bad self. And then BAM! I hit a wall. Right about 6, after meeting a lovely woman which you'll read about shortly, I started getting a weird headache. I didn't get done working till 6:30 so by the time I got home I just felt so moody. Then I end up feeling bad and crying because I wasn't a nice wife and mom and raised my voice. I finally ate dinner and that helped for about a half hour or so and then it was back. I know everyone has their days but it just makes me feel like the worst mom and wife. Ugh. And let me just say, if there had been anything remotely tempting to me in this house, say a bag of mini butterfingers or ice cream for example, it would be gone by now! Then I'd feel even worse tomorrow! I am so glad I set myself up for success by not having the crap in the house! It's actually kind of a good thing when I have days like this because it forces me to deal with the emotions. Sunday wasn't moody but was filled with cravings! I came home form church and yoga and really nice long talk on the phone and it helped so much to calm my mind. I take the time to figure why my first instinct is to do the unhealthy rather then something healthy and constructive. I'm much more impulsive in these situations so this is taking lots of practice so I guess these kind of days do help.

Lynnette's sister Patti came into town yesterday and we met for the first time. She is very cute with obvious similarities that she is Lynnette's sister. :) I am so glad she came to town so they could be of support to one another. They decided to fly out tonight for Italy. I am so glad! He is still stable but they need to be with their dad and he needs them. It's amazing how healing it can be to have loved ones there to hold your hand, hug you, and talk to you, even if your not conscious. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Last night was super fun. We went to John and Lisa's for yummy lasagna and homemade breadsticks. They always spoil us with good meals. We invited Amanda to come along so she came to our place and hitched a ride with us. I am SO glad she came. If any of you have hung out with John you know he's obnoxious. That's why we love him. It doesn't matter if it's your first time around him, he treats you just like everyone else! Amanda was no exception and she held her own fabulously! She made some comebacks to John that will not soon be forgotten! Some of them I'm still laughing about as I write this. Ahhh, she's a funny gal! We used Sp-Uno to initiate her into our game playing circle. She had no trouble being aggressive, fighting madly for a spoon or two and winning the game. Thanks for coming along Amanda! The kids also had a blast in their brand new, hugest one I've ever seen, sandbox. It's seriously out of control and the kids were in heaven! We finally told the kids to come inside because it was after 9:30 and dark. We set them up in the boys room in the basement with a movie. About a half hour later we went to get the kids to go home, only to discover they had climbed out the window and were right back outside. We're talking 4 kids that are 4, 3, 3, and 2! How cute is that?! I thought it was great and it reminded me how much I loved to be outside at night when I was a kid.

Tonight I did a move-out inspection with a gal that I've talked to before and has the CUTEST son. He turns 5 tomorrow and I could have talked to him all night. But instead, I talked to the tenants mom, whom she brought along. I knew that the tenant was part Asian but as soon as I saw her mom I new she was Chinese! I was so excited to talk to her and get her story. You're never going to guess where she lives now! Portland! Yep, exactly where we're going this weekend! She was born and raised in Hong Kong. She moved to Portland 20 years ago and that's where my tenant was born. Her mom was in town to help her with the move. We talked all about China and then moved right in to talking about Portland. She wrote down the best Chinese restaurant in Portland and gave us a list of places to see. What would have been a 10 minute meeting due to the apartment being in perfect condition, turned into a 40 minute delightful conversation. They were so excited that we had adopted a Chinese girl and to hear Flower's story. I think elderly Chinese women are so stinking cute and am sad that by the time Flower is that age, I likely won't be around. :(

Let's see...what other random thoughts are running through my head. Oh yeah, tonight, before my final meltdown of guilty tears, we were out in the bus. We are trying to 'remodel' Crush to be more conducive to what we need and make travel more enjoyable. Especially for the amount of time we'll be spending together as he drives us through Oregon. We need him to be perfect. We already removed a shelf that we kept smacking our heads on while in bed. Nothing like a gash in the forehead each time you get out of bed. We want to hang brackets to hang the speakers from. Right now we have to move them each time we transition from seat to bed. Then we lose leg room when we sleep because they sit on the bed. We are also taking out the shelves/cabinets that are currently in it and replacing them with ones that will suit us better. The ones we have now open up towards the seat. When you have the bed pulled out you can't open the door. That doesn't really work when all your food, cutlery and supplies are in there! And it's a pain to have to turn the bed back into a seat multiple times during the day. It's not that the seat/bed is difficult. It's because we have a Tempur-Pedic mattress topper to make sleeping more comfortable, plush good sized, really lush blankets. That has to be folded up and all blankets removed before you can turn the bed into a seat. That's where the annoyance comes in. Otherwise, if the bed is empty, it's a piece of cake! KG's dad is the master at the cabinet stuff so as I was putting Flower to bed, he drove it to his parents house to get his suggestions on cabinets. I really wanted to reupholster the seats by the time we left but it wasn't in the cards. Soooo, I'll post photos when it's done. :) Oh, and we're removing the carpet and replacing it with laminate wood flooring. Much easier to clean, especially considering it's going to be caked with sand in just 7 days!

I tell ya, this blog is therapeutic. After writing half of this post I felt better so I was able to read Flower a bed time story. Conversations on the phone, depending on the person, also help tremendously. It gets me out of my own head and thinking about other stuff and that always helps!

Ok, I'm off to bed to get some much needed rest. Hope your Monday was awesome!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out