Friday, June 13, 2008

Raspberries, Peaches, and Roses.

Since I decided I wouldn't be leaving the house this weekend I had to break down and send KG Father's Day shopping. I had been looking forward to get all the gifts but since it included at least 3 stops, I knew this would be better. I knew what I wanted so I sent him with a specific list. That meant that he had a hand in picking out part of his but that's ok. With Flower in tow, they trekked all over town together. I also asked him to stop by Reggie's Veggies and get me some raspberries and peaches. When they got home I got a bonus! They brought me some pink roses. Now I have new scenery in my room. They are so sweet.
She was sooo excited to eat a peach with me. Funny little thing. All the fruit was de-lish!
They've had quite the day. After naps they invited the Goodsell's over for swimming for a couple of hours. Then she went to the Bahr's to play with a ton of kids while KG went disc golfing with the parents of those kid. Now they're at a Chinese Buffet and then going to the Bahr's to play games. I am at home in bed watching Becoming Jane and playing on the computer.
Fun night for all. :)
Happy Friday the 13th! This is our favorite day of the year!
Peace.

3 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

I hope you feel better Ang. YUCKY!!! :o( Thank goodness for medication... sometimes! Catch up on those ZZzzz's because when you get to feeling better you'll need them again! Don't get bed sores! lol

sara :) said...

How did you like Becoming Jane? I don't normally care for Anne Hathoway and thought she'd mess up this movie but I really liked it. (Plus her forbidden boyfriend wasn't too bad to look at either!)

Jana said...

I sure hope you're feeling better!!

We just found out this week that Sawyer has mono. He had a follow-up scheduled on Tuesday to make sure his spleen had healed and the doctor was concerned that it was still enlarged and that he had enlarged lymph nodes in his neck, groin, and under his arms.

After 8 hours in the doctor's office over a 2-day period, a meeting with a pediatric oncologist, a spleen ultrasound, chest x-rays, a lymph node biopsy and more bloodwork, they FINALLLY ruled out lymphoma!! All his test came back negative with the exception of his monospot, which was positive.

I can't understand why they didn't find that to begin with during his three-day stay in the hospital, but Im SOOOO THANKFUL that he just has Mono. It was quite a scare!!

Hope you're on your feet soon and back to chasing Flower around.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out