Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yesterday and Today.

I finally had my appointment with the fabulous Dr. Desh about fashioning me a custom ankle brace. This was definitely a better experience then at Kristensen's office. I still don't really want to go into it because I'm just not ready but suffice it to say this was much less frustrating. Still embarrassing but I can handle that considering things went so well. And she had so much fun with Flower. :) At this point it looks like I won't be getting it until after our Oregon trip on July 23rd. She REALLY wants me to have it before I leave so that I can actually walk on the beach and enjoy myself without too much pain and without making things worse. She has to get what she needs from Kristensen, the insurance company and then have a cancellation because she's completely booked. Hopefully all that will happen so I can go in before July 3rd. The cool thing is she REALLY wants to make it happen. It felt nice to know she is willing to go the extra mile to help me out. Fingers crossed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the appointment I went and picked up my two nieces, Lauren and Torta. We hung out all afternoon and watched Sydney White while Flower took her nap. Then they went to the clubhouse with me while I worked. They also went swimming with Flower. Torta insisted she wasn't going to swim because she had been swimming all morning so she didn't bring her swim suit. Of course when the time came, she wanted to swim. I pulled out my swim suit from last year and after TONS of safety pins, I think it worked well. Especially since she's at least 4 times smaller then me! :)
I think they had fun. I just love this swim suit on Flower! She has 5 swim suits to choose from because she gets hand-me-downs from TWO cousins. We love hand-me-downs!


When I was done working we went back home, made nachos and watched last weeks America's Got Talent. Then we watched Wipe Out and I Survived a Japanese Game Show. The TV shows and the ensuing laughter were the reasons for the sleepover in the first place. Wipe Out was so damn funny. I have been having trouble with my lungs ever since I was sick a couple of weeks ago. I pretty much cough a lot if I breath too deep. I have to just consciously make quicker shallow breaths. Laying down is the worst and I cough all night long. Well, laughing, whether my lungs are doing well or not, has always done a number on my lungs. As much as we laughed last night, it wasn't good. I hacked my way through the entire show, then had trouble sleeping and am paying for it this morning. Just painful. I love laughing like that though so it's worth it! We rewound and watched the funny parts over and over!
When we finally went to bed, Flower didn't make things easy. She had a bad night and came in crying at 1:30 am. We stuck her in bed with us. Four in a bed=not fun. Plus she woke up crying every half hour. Uggh. She developed a stuffy/runny nose sometime after 9:00 last night so that didn't help. Oh I hope she's not getting sick. Anyway, none of us slept well. I'm trying really hard to be happy, chipper and patient with her this morning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is going to be busy as well. KG took them home first thing this morning because Torta had to watch the boys while Lauren and Alyse went to a service project at the D.I. I am really looking forward to a lunch date with my friend Amanda this afternoon. And tonight, the Scouts are coming over to swim with KG. My two nephews and my niece are coming to join them.
KG will then go to karate. He is working really hard to get his Green Belt before we leave for Oregon. That means lots of hours at the studio. He was there most of last night and will go there tonight after Scouts. That means Flower and I will have lots of time together today. I also have a much needed date with the laundry for the rest of the evening!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I'm going to get dressed and take Flower for a walk. Perhaps if I have her walk rather than be in the stroller, I won't over do it. :) The outdoors and sunshine are calling our names! Oh maybe I'll take her to the playground we always pass on our walks. She begs to play but I always go out to exercise and that doesn't quite do it. She'll be so happy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope your day is lovely.
Peace.

4 comments:

sara :) said...

Hope your foot brace gets made quickly. Of course it doesn't make me hate you any less for going to Oregon without me.

Oh, and Madeline talks NONSTOP about Flower. We need to get them together to play soon.

John and Danielle said...

I hope this brace works, too.
I am so envious of you going swimming. I am in San Fran and its freezing right now!

John and Danielle said...

BTW way cute skin!!

Heather BT said...

If your lungs aren't working right yet, ask your Dr for Asthma med's. They put me on a long lasting, slower acting one in a purple disk and then I had the faster acting inhalers too. It still took about two weeks, but it cleared up the inflamation left over from the coughing crud.
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out