Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yahoo! We sold the car!

You have no idea how happy I am about this. Just this week, as I've been going through the finances, I've been having buyers remorse about the Jeep and wondering if we made a mistake. I'm getting nervous about the enormous adoption fees, our upcoming two week vacation that at this point we shouldn't pay for and thinking we need to stop having a life so we don't spend any more money and on and on. I just tend to get a little panicky. Except when it comes to buying new sandals that my doctor recommended of course. ;) Both of my docs did actually. I have been wearing flip flops for a LONG time because when I wear tennis shoes it puts too much pressure on my ankle and just makes it worse. I was kind of sad about that this last fall because I love my Converse! They completely understood that so they said if I'm going to wear flip flops I at least needed to get some that had a bit of structure, some cushion and some give. They recommended either Fit Flops or Crocs sandals. I went and checked them out yesterday after researching online. Well shoot, once I find out that my ass and calves would be all tone and smokin' hot with the Fitflops I was sold! Yeah...not buyin' that crap! How the heck are shoes going to make me lose inches in my butt and legs? I don't have my hopes up so I'm sure I won't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. :) I did choose those, only because they were cuter and felt more comfortable. The only thing I'm not loving is the gigantic logo on the front! I am not a fan of wearing name brands across any part of my body thank you. But what do you do? I have already felt a difference in the ankle and that's all I care about. But hey, I'll keep ya posted if my backside starts magically disappearing!
So back to scraping pennies. :) We got the full asking price for the car! Sooo excited! That will help out so much! The down side. They are making payments to us but we got what we wanted so we are willing to work with them. I would be much happier with a big fat check right now but we'll take what we can get. We'll have all the money in three months. Now we just need to sell the truck and then we really only paid half price for the Jeep!

Tonight I had an enrichment meeting. It was really fun. I think I felt the most comfortable out of all the meetings we've had so far. I am just at a way better place with confidence and everything right now (ever since they got my brain/thyroid working properly) and that makes all the difference! I'm bummed I won't be here for the activity we were planning for but I'll get over it quickly since I'll be on the beach in Oregon! :)

While I was at my meeting KG took Flower to a family thing. Now this is where you're all going to hate me and think I'm a terrible example and mother and yada yada. Hey, I'm human and realize I need to work on a few things. I get a text from KG that says, "She is definitely your daughter!" I smile and can't wait to hear the rest. He proceeds by telling me that she fell on the playground and hurt her foot. She was walking with a limp and saying damn-it every time she stepped down on the right foot. Oops. But it gets better. He told her we don't say that. When he was getting her out of the car she said it again and then she looked up and said, "we don't say damn-it". She takes another step on her hurt foot and says, "shit!" He had to turn his face so she wouldn't see that he was laughing. I laughed out loud to myself all the way home! I know it's bad and we shouldn't laugh. I do feel a tiny bit bad. I really don't say it that much around her but she is a sponge! Strike me down now. When I finally got home, this is how I found her.
Daddy fixed her up with an ice pack. It really is hurt. It's all swollen on the top. When she went to bed she was still limping and trying not to cry with each step. Poor baby. :( We'll assess it in the morning.

I also want to ask for prayers and good thoughts for Len Welter, the owner of the company I work for, and Lynnette, my boss(an their whole family). Len is Lynnette's dad. He is in Italy right now and was in a pretty serious accident a couple of days ago. He was jogging and was hit by a motorcyclist. He has swelling in the brain and they just decided to do surgery to relieve the pressure. I believe he may be in surgery now. If you want more details pop on over to Lynnette's blog. Just keep them in your thoughts! Thanks!!!

And finally.....you know the feeling you get when you make a connection with someone that is just so cool and 'gets' you? Every time you see them or talk to them you just feel happier inside. You feel more understood. And when you replay conversations in your head that you've had with them, you smile or even laugh. And any differences there may be on a superficial level don't matter because there are so many similarities and parallels. And somehow there's a natural trust that makes you spill your guts. I love that! And I love good friends! ;) And then I get paranoid and wonder if I'm being imposing or annoying. And I hope this isn't weird. I guess the hope is that it's mutual. :)

Oh wait! I guess there's one more thing. I am so sick of this cough and what comes along with it...wetting my pants a little every.time.I.cough. Well not every time but almost. But even once is too many! Give me a break already!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out