Monday, June 16, 2008

Hot dates and the Monday business

We met up with Justin and Birgitta tonight. They are in town from Arizona. Justin is KG's brother. Birgitta is the girl. We love Birgitta. She lied to us. She said she wasn't coming to Boise with Justin. We were disappointed. Then she popped up next to the car yesterday when we stopped by to see Justin who had just arrived in town. I love surprises. I was very happy to see her. We met at Gino's for some lovely Italian atmosphere and yummy food. This is our favorite Italian restaurant. This is the first time we've been disappointed with the service. This waitress has been there for years but we've never had her. She couldn't possible be like this all the time or or I doubt she'd still be working there after all these years. Perhaps she was having an off night. The food was super slow to arrive as well. However, the food did not disappoint. Birgitta's was my favorite of the night...lobster ravioli...yummo! She's only staying till Wednesday while Justin will be here for three weeks. I'm so happy that she made time to hang with us for such a quick visit! This was her first time downtown. Seen as how this is only her second time to Boise that's not hard to believe. :) She and Justin spent a good part of the day there. She said she could move here if she lived there! I love downtown. It was so nice to hang out there for a bit. We walked to the Idanha and my John(one half of the gaybors) came down to say hello. I also saw a couple of tenants, Mike being one who I miss, who voiced their disappointment that I vanished without telling them I was leaving. I was happy (is that bad?) that they highly dislike the new manager and she's useless, to put it kindly. The tenants I had talked to shortly after leaving voiced their dislike but the fact that it's now even worse doesn't say much for her. Well, yay me.
Today was my turn to work in the office all day because Lynnette and Tristan were sick. It wasn't too busy so not bad. I did lots of paper work type stuff and showed the apartments and hopefully rented one.
I took Flower to swim lessons at 11:00. I was so proud of her. She really struggles to put her face in the water. I just kept telling her to touch her forehead to the water (knowing that her whole face would end up in it.) She just kept trying and trying throughout the whole lesson. Her teacher and I happened to look at her right when she did it! Her teacher looked over at me to make sure I saw and we were both smiling and then we looked at Flower and you could see that she was so proud of herself! I was so happy for her and so proud that she didn't give up even though she was scared. She is such a good example to me! I took her for a shaved ice before going home.
Monday's are her double days. She also has gymnastics in the afternoon to which KG takes her. When they returned we closed up the office and went to Target. We had to take a photo and had some time to kill before meeting at Gino's so we thought, "why not register?". It was fun just to start thinking in the baby mode for a bit. I'm still totally terrified.
Today was a really good day and a hell of a lot better then last Monday (and the entire week). I feel so much better!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out