Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Chillaxing

KG is always telling Flower to chillax instead of relax or chill. Well that's what this Sunday has been about and it's awesome.
We didn't wake up till 9:30 and then I made us pancakes and eggs that we ate in bed. Flower watched Futurama which is one of her favorite cartoons.
We enjoyed church. Sacrament meeting had some irreverent laughter which I always enjoy. The three speakers were excellent as well. I got some super nice comments on my hair, the sweetest probably being from Jerry. :) We sloughed class, which isn't that unusual for Sunday School, but this time it was the second meeting as well. We chatted in the foyer through Sunday school with Kris just talking about her birthmother experiences. I love to hear people's stories in that area. I particularly enjoyed hanging out in the nursery with KG during Relief Society. We went in there to get Flower to go home but she wasn't happy about that so we got to know the teachers. They were so interesting. We learned that Jessica Walk is Korean and she was adopted by a New Jersey family when she was 6 and her biological brother was 3, so they were adopted together. I regret that I didn't ask her what the situation was with her biological parents that she was adopted at that age but I forgot. That gives me good reason to hang out in there next week. ;) Her husband, Jeff, wants to adopt really bad but she wants their first child to be biological if possible. She has had difficulty getting pregnant and they are now embarking on the endeavor of testing to see if there is a problem with either of them and what the next step should be. That's such a tough road! As we were all leaving she was telling Flower her name and this was the exchange: Jessica-"Flower, my name is Jessica." Flower-"NO!! You're Chinese Food!" What? Where on earth did that come from? We all had a good laugh. We also got to know Collin and Ciarinna. I'm probably totally botching her name but I asked her how to spell it and I'm pretty sure that's what she said. Anyway, she works for an adoption attorney and wants to take our profile to their office. They occasionally have birth mother's go directly to them to place their baby for adoption. They want to adopt as well and that seems to be their first choice. She just seems like such an intelligent person with a fresh, chill personality. We learned that they are strict vegetarians and have some hippie ways about them but they are running the Nader campaign in Idaho which is very conservative. They were just such an interesting mix of values. I would love to get together with both couples and they were so fun to get to know.
When we got home I made linner (lunch/dinner) while KG taught Flower how to make Popsicles. (By the way, this is all because of the Jacobs and the Sturgills. Apparently the Jacobs went to the Sturgills at some point during church and came back with Popsicles. When we were leaving Flower saw them eating theirs and was asking for a Popsicle all the way home.) :) This was a fun thing for them to do together and she can hardly wait to eat one. They should be frozen by the time she wakes up from her nap. Plus these are 100% fruit and veggie juice Popsicles so I can have some too! :)Flower is now napping and KG and I are each on our laptops in bed. :) I plan the rest of the evening to consist of watching tv/movies, reading, cuddling and eating Popsicles. Hmmm, maybe even a bubble bath.
Perfect.
Oh and I loved the Bucket List. I finished it last night and thought it was great. I loved seeing Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman together! Good team with a great storyline!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out