Thursday, June 19, 2008

Random Thursday Thoughts

What is up with TV making me cry the last couple of days? Give me a break all ready. First on Monday night I was watching America's Got Talent. Two people, the itty bitty 4 year girl that sang Somewhere Out There, and the big ol' boy that sang opera. The little girl was the sweetest ever! And then the big guy, to see him so proud and it was so beautiful! He Got a standing ovation from the crowd AND the judges! That doesn't happen often. And he was so emotional about the whole thing. Both of them are moving on to the next round. I was totally teared up for both of those.
Then last night I watched So You Think You Can Dance. My favorites are still Josh and Katee. I love them and am most entertained while watching them. But the part that made me cry, like full on tears running down my face, was the absolutely beautiful dance by Twitch and Kherington. Wow. I could have watched them forever! That's all I have to say. I just don't know how long I can handle Mary's voice. Her laugh puts me over the edge. I'm pretty sure stabbing my ear drums with chop sticks would be less excruciating then listening to her laugh. I do love Cat Deeley though. She is a doll and I could listen to her all night. I loved it when she fixed the gals shoe!
*I'm not upset about the pair that went home either.

Yesterday Flower and I dropped KG off at Scouts and then made a Walmart run. This lady stopped us in the isle, after we'd already been there for half an hour and says, "I just have to tell you that you and your daughter are so cute. You were behind us at the light and my kids and I got the biggest kick out of the two of you dancing! My daughter asked why I don't dance like that. You were just so fun to watch and I wanted you to know." Ummm, embarrassing much? I didn't even know how to respond. I felt my face go beet red though and just said, "oh thanks, we really like to jam out." It made me laugh. Flower and I always dance and sing to the radio. I just didn't think other people noticed.

This morning we woke up when KG got home from work and went for an early hot tub soak. It felt so nice. And it was already warm enough to lay out and dry at 9:30. Then we painted Flower's fingernails and toenails, then I did my toenails. Now we both have pretty pink nails! :)

Tonight our social worker came over for our last visit. This visit consisted of each of us having separate interviews and all that good stuff. We gave her our profile and medical papers. Our finger prints came back that we aren't criminals. We are good to go. Now we just need to go to the training classes this weekend.

And just a slight update. I am doing sooooo well with my new eating habits. I'll do a separate post when it's been a bit longer but I'm rockin' the control I now have, rather then feeling controlled like I did before! I am so proud of myself! Happy happy joy joy! :)
Peace.

5 comments:

MKB said...

YEA! on finally completing all the stuff for the adoption. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

La belle mère said...

Okay . . . congrats on the adoption stuff / three cheers for Flower! / love Flower's braid and your new 'do / that Wal-mart encounter is just way TOO CUTE!! / I look forward to hearing more about how your new eating plan is going. :-)

Norma said...

you are a great mommy!!! we volunteered at starfish in March and are trying to follow the 21 kids we met there until they all get homes......so far only 3 have.....but i found your videos and that led to your blog and here we are......i am so happy flower will have a sibling and the love will grow. she is amazing!!! good luck with the wt thing too!!

A-me said...

K we are a like in so many way.. it freaks me out! ;)

ang :o) said...

mk-thanks for the well wishes!

lisa-thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and an update will be forthcoming! ;)

norma-i love meeting new people on here! it makes me so happy to hear that you were at Starfish! I can hardly wait to go back someday. Thank you for your sweet comment!

A-me-I have been saying that for awhile and I'll show KG stuff and it freaks him out a little too. lol. :)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out