Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lovely Day with Flower

I just love this photo from last Monday! Although it has nothing to do with today since she just couldn't fall asleep during her nap time, I wanted to share. Somehow Flower and I slept in till 10:00 am! It's the first full night of sleep I've had since I got sick even though I've been better for a couple of days now. The night hallucinations were out of control. I wonder if the antibiotics make it worse. Coincidentally I forgot to take it yesterday and last night I slept with no night terrors! Seriously weird stuff. One night in particular there was floating cloaked shadows having a party in my room. I woke up, saw them in my room, said to have fun and just try to be quiet and went back to sleep fully thinking there were cloaked ghosts having a party in my room! And I wasn't bothered by that. Now the many spider ones I had on the other hand, those are the ones that kept me awake. Uggh.
Anyway back to today. I had a wonderful nights sleep, other then when Flower woke me up at 5:30 am to join in bed but then we didn't wake up until 10:00. She had swimming lessons at 11:15. Once again she pushed herself past her fears and was so proud of herself and so was I. She went completely under water, like head fully covered, all by herself twice! It was so fun to watch her try and try, so determined! I swear she tried at least 20 times, not doing anything else the teacher was telling her to do because she was determined to get past her fear! I got teary eyed when she did it!
After that we went to the Distribution Center. Have I ever mentioned how much I love NEW underwear? Well I do. LOVE them. All crisp, white and fresh. I can hardly wait to put on a new pair tomorrow! Ah, the simple things.
From there we took some movies back to Redbox. Then we went to lunch at Blimpie. This is my favorite lunch spot. I feel like it's healthy and Flower and I share a 6" meal. We get the same each time. A 6" ham and swiss on wheat with lettuce, oil and vinegar, light on the brown mustard. We each eat half. Plus a bag of Baked Lays to share, a pickle spear and a pink lemonade, sometimes a water instead. Pretty good right? And it's the perfect amount of food.
After that we walked to Blockbuster to return two movies and get another free one.
I know I've mentioned this before but I love free movies. We pay $14 a month for our online Blockbuster account. And that's all we pay for movies all month. Between that and all the free movies we get at Redbox, we get 23 movies a month minimum! Not bad huh?!
Next we had to go to my doctor for a physical for the adoption paper work. Good news....I'm not dieing! He declared me healthy enough to adopt and signed his stamp of approval. Yay! KG had his appointment later today as well. When I went to the office to go to work he took Flower swimming so she could show him all her new moves. Then he went to karate, we came home and made dinner and that's all she wrote! :) Well almost...in there somewhere I found a solution to the ankle brace debacle. I found a great place to make me a custom one. Kris has all the connections I'm tellin' ya! Almost every doctor we both go to now is because she referred us and they are fantastic, plus they happen to be in our insurance network! And I was completely stoked to find out this ankle brace is 100% covered under the insurance! Halle-freakin-lujah! Neither of us has been to as many doctors through our entire 8 years of marriage than we already have this year! Yuck. Soooo, next week I should be on the right track with that. I also had an interesting conversation with our social worker today. Life is good.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out