Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another fun filled day!

This morning I didn't wake up until almost 10:15. I was asleep by 12:15 last night. That is 10 hours! Wow. Flower slept almost 12 hours, not waking until almost 11. Crazy and oh so nice. At 12:30 we went to the Ann Morrison park. Lynnette bought Tammy, Flower and I lunch which she picked up at Blimpie and brought to the park. We enjoyed our conversation and meal by the beautiful fountain.




She wanted to touch the water so bad but didn't want to get wet! That was wise since we had a long day ahead of us without a change of clothes.

Flower was fascinated with this tree and told us she saw a face.
Tammy is one of the few people I miss working with at Parklane.
After lunch we went to feed the ducks and geese with some bread I brought along. This was Flower's first time and she was an old pro.
I love that I caught the goose with its swings spread while getting out of the water.


This one got a feather stuck in it's beak after eating a piece of bread off another's back. Serves him right! :)
It's hard to see but I caught a little drip of water falling from this beautiful ducks bill. If you click on the photo to make it full size you can see it easily.
Flower was totally unphased by the geese and ducks surrounding her and had no problem letting them eat from her hand!

Check out how glaringly white that duck is!
Flower had so much fun chasing the geese!






I helped Flower pick acorns from the tree.
She shared them with Lynnette.


It was really nice outside and we had a great time. Thanks Lynnette!
Right as I was leaving the park Grandma Hunter called and asked if I could pick up KG's cousins, Katie and Topher, to come swimming. They are in town visiting their dad and bored stiff. So I happily obliged and went and picked them up. KG met us at the clubhouse with Flower's swimsuit and they swam while I worked.


By the time I got outside with the camera Katie and Topher were already done.
Since they were already over, we included them in our plans for the night. The girls dropped the boys off at Fudruckers to eat while we got something quick through the drive thru of Carl's Junior and headed downtown to The Egyptian Theater. KG and Topher went to see Hellboy with Gregg and Spencer. Katie, Flower and I went to see Mamma Mia again with my mom, Sandee, Kass, and Kris. I liked it even more the second time around and was shocked at how many things I missed the first time that were so funny. That, in turn, made parts of the movie make more sense. Go figure.
After the movie we went back to Edwards to get the two boys and then took Katie and Topher back to Grandma's. I'm so glad they came along!
On the way home I taught Flower the song, 'There was a farmer had a dog and BINGO was his name oh" and KG soon joined me. Well, clapping is a MUST in this song! Even at the expense of me almost running us off the rode. :) Good times.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out