Sunday, July 27, 2008

Spontaneous Evening

Today was set to be a lovely lazy day spent at home. Flower and I both really enjoyed church! No drama! Yippee! And I had some really great conversations with friends.
When we got home Flower took a nap and I read/fell asleep. When I checked in on her I found that she'd tied the balloon to the baby's arm. Apparently the doll didn't like it and is now trying to choke her. ;)
But alas, the evening would not remain as the photos above. Spontaneous evenings are the best are they not? After KG woke up we started talking about our week. I want to see Mamma Mia again. It was THAT good plus there are several people that want to see it again or for the first time, so it's a night to hang out with friends! KG wants to see Dark Knight with John. We figured we could do it all at the same time so we were attempting to coordinate. When he was on the phone with John he was asked what we were doing for dinner. KG replied nothing yet and 10 minutes later we were on our way to the Goodsell's! The other night at the baby shower I was having lots of fun with Amanda and Angie and was told that Angie needed to come see how we roll at the Goodsell's. Well what better night then tonight? I called Amanda and an hour later she and Collin joined us. Unfortunately Angie was feeling moody and said she'd better stay home and keep her moods to herself. :) Maybe next time.
Isn't he just a handsome little griller man.
I have to say that the Goodsell's have the COOLEST backyard! They just recently put in this sandbox. It is THE biggest sandbox in a backyard that I've ever seen! Just look at the fun the kids are having.
I love that they've made rivers!
Flower was being little miss grumpy pants when we arrived and preferred the trampoline.


Check out Batman on his raft!

We knew eventually she would want to get in the sand so we made her change into Topher's clothes and told her to go play. She was having none of it!
They were building a pretty cool tunnel!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE taking photos of this kid! He's so dang cute and easy to photograph. He doesn't even know I'm taking pictures because I'm so far away(and zoomed in) and check out the looks that I get! I just can't get enough of him!



Mule had to hose the boys off so we could eat dinner. Thanks for feeding us guys! Check out their awesome garden in the background.




Right after dinner they were back at it! This time Flower joined them!

I love seeing her be one of the boys!





Mean Lisa was spraying all the kids with the water hose. Go Lisa! :)


Yes we take pleasure in torturing our children. :)
Isaac hiding,
running,
taunting,
ahhh, he lost!

And Collin screamed bloody murder with just a few sprinkles!
Flower was having so much fun trying to hit the ball. She actually got two pretty decent hits!
She had to wash the bat to improve her swing. ;)




Isaac LOVES yellow. He has bright yellow shoes that he begged for and received for his birthday. Lisa found this rain coat and he had to show it off for me.
He is so stinkin' cute!
Not to many people can tickle Josh and get away with it. He HATES to be tickled and usually starts crying right away. Somehow Amanda got away with it and had him laughing so hard!
Our first game of the evening was Bubble Brain. Lisa won and was being particularly funny tonight!
Oh my. This t-shirt is so John! Their brother-in-law and our friend Eric make shirts and most of them are hilarious! In case you can't read it, "I'd do me...but then again, I'm not particularly choosy." It makes me laugh.
Need I say more?
After that game we played Quelf and KG won. Read ahead for more oddities of the awesome game!
Monkey had to lick a piece of paper and stick it to his head.
While we played our game, Flower and Collin had fun in front of the fan.

If your piece ended up on the same square as someone else's, you had to hold hands until you were alone on the space again.
Mule and I got the first opportunity.
Lisa, Amanda and I had to hold hands later. I also had to keep my legs and arms straight for a few rounds of the game at the same time which explains why my legs are sticking straight out.
I had to do a little jig.

After Amanda left at 11:15, the four of us finished out the night with a game of Visualeyes. I won! It's really fun!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out