Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Official!!!

We have been approved as an adoptive couple and as of yesterday, our profile can be viewed by birth parents. We are so excited and it feels really good that we were able to set some goals and achieve them. We started the process May 19 and our goal was to be completed with everything by the time we left on vacation. We leave Saturday! It went so smooth. Now we wait. Right now I really feel like I can wait patiently because I know that our child will find us. Now that my portion is done, there are no worries. I also want to mention how much I love our agency! They were our agency with Flower. We have a different Social Worker this time. Last time Jessica was incredible! We thought for sure we wouldn't get that lucky again. WRONG! She is just fabulous! She has been so much fun to work with and is super supportive. She has gone above an beyond! Our profile was also a big hit! It was passed around the office like crazy. I've been considering scanning it in and posting it but aside from the fact that it's 42 individual pages, it's so personal. Only a few choice people have read it. I'll think on it some more. They said that ours is very unique and not like any they've seen before. I worked really hard on it so that makes me beyond happy. She is really excited about us as a family and says we are a little more nontraditional than most of their families which she said was refreshing. (us...nontraditional??? NO!!!) :) They like to be able to provide birth parents with lots of different options and said sometimes all the profiles start to look the same. She is really optimistic for us and we are just so stinkin' excited!
Sooo, once again, if you know of someone that is considering an adoption plan for their child and think we may be someone they'd want to consider, you can send them to A New Beginning Adoption Agency. Christy is our case worker and they're phone number is 208-939-3865.
Thanks again to everyone involved and for everyone's love and support!

1 comment:

Jana said...

How exciting!! Best of luck to you as you wait patiently for your newest addition! Have a wonderful Fourth of July and a fabulous vacation:).

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out