Friday, July 25, 2008

Well I survived!

I survived the baby shower and even had fun. I was so nervous walking up that my hands were shaking and I had butterflies so bad. I was surprised that I was so nervous. I guess I was just afraid I was going to be ignored for the night. I didn't give the rest of the ladies enough credit however. Most of them would never let that happen! I focused on those that I really enjoy being around and that are real and appreciate who I am. I had such fun conversations in the kitchen and had lots of laughs which is a huge plus in my book! The theme for the evening was a Tea Party. Most that know me should not be surprised that I made fun of the idea. So not me. I told Kris how retarded I thought the idea was and felt a tiny bit bad when she informed me it was all her idea! Oops. But hey, at least I'm honest. But I have to take back my words and say that it actually turned out great and all the hats and tea cups made great decorations! My apologies Kris, oh wise one. You are smarter then me and a better party planner then me. Are you happy now? :) Christen was the guest of honor. She is moving next week. I really like her and wanted to be there and honor her no matter how uncomfortable I thought I might be. She and her husband have contributed SO much to our ward and will be missed! I especially will miss her cute daughter Macie! I had her in nursery for quite some time and now she's a sunbeam. I love saying hi to her in the hallway and watching her happily wave her hand and give me her biggest smile. Good luck you guys!
This is our bishops wife, Ruth. Isn't she the cutest?! (I'm ticked that that the photo turned out fuzzy)And then these ladies! Adorable! It was hard not to take photos of them, especially Dorothy with all her cuteness. I forgot to mention that when we went to the movie the other night she and William K. were a few rows ahead of us. They are adorable! An amazing example of love, marriage and honoring each other!
Look how cute Velma is with her legs tucked underneath her. (those are my arms next to Dorothy on the left.) We had such a fun conversation about adoption!
Funny how I was forced to wear a hat and SOMEONE in this photo isn't wearing one. Nice!I am really glad I went. I also left wondering if it's better to be ignored or have someone be fake and act like your best friend after treating you like crap just days before. Because that's what happened and I think I'd rather be ignored. Also, yet another confirmation. A friend asked how I was doing and said she'd heard I had been victimized by 'the click'. Her words, not mine. I asked her how on earth she knew that as I have not told anyone! She said she was at a park with a couple of them and heard one of them talking to another girl all about the movie. My friend over heard the list of the girls there and then heard, "and Angee showed up uninvited". Evidently an invite from Kris isn't good enough. I also feel terrible that this group is apparently hurting other people if they are being referred to as 'the click'. I'm thinking they must have started acting more clickish while I was out of town because it wasn't this bad before I left. Now I'm not taking it so personal if others are noticing as well. Anyway, thanks again for all the sweet comments and support! I know I'm loved and don't need to give any thought to them. It's not like I was close to them anyway so it's not like I've lost anything.
And I actually had a really fun day!
This morning Kris picked Flower and I up and we went to a quilting store to look at fabric. A really neat gal in our ward is an amazing quilter and her friend owns the shop in Kuna. She was having a cupcake celebration? I'm not really sure but the decorations were adorable! There were cupcakes all over the kitchen. There were two that were the size of a cake, lots of normal size and tons of mini ones placed on shelves throughout. Really cute! There was also a big cupcake quilt in the front of the store welcoming you. We had a good time looking at fabrics and I really enjoyed the little outing in the fresh air. Flower loved the cupcakes. Three to be exact!
After that I went to Target to get a gift for Christen while Flower was napping. And then I went to work. And that didn't end so well. I closed up the office a few minutes early so I could go check on some apartments before I left for the shower. Lynnette called and said there was a lady there that needed to pick up an application. I was already near one of the apartments so I decided to just be quick and check that one too before meeting the lady. Then as I was leaving that apartment I attempted the stairs a bit to quick and my ankle gave out on me. I slipped on a couple steps and then was stuck. My ankle hurt so bad that I couldn't move. I went to grab my phone and couldn't find it. What? I just answered it! I looked all through my bag, checked my pockets, all while laying on the landing right below the third floor. And I was crying because I hurt so bad! It took about ten minutes to get up and finally I hobbled to the office and the lady was gone. I then went hobbling back to the apartments to find my phone. I went to the one that I had just left before I fell and it wasn't there. Of course not. I climbed three flights of stairs for the fun of it. Then I went into the one that I had talked to Lynnette in and there it was on the floor. It must have fallen out of my bag. Well now it wasn't turning on! Are you kidding me? All I wanted to do was call KG and vent but no. By the way, he had gone to dinner with John and Lisa and brought me home yummy food to eat after the shower. I hobbled back to the office because that's where I had parked the bus. (and now I realize that I should have gone back into the office and called Lynnette but that never even crossed my mind because I was pissed!) I finally was on my way to the shower and hoped I wouldn't be too late. Pushing the gas peddle hurt like hell! All this and the butterflies. Fun. And it gets better. Then while I'm at Curtis and the overpass, I stop at the light and the bus stalls and I can't get it started. Great. My phone's not working so I can't call anyone! Everyone in front of me at the light was long gone and it was now red with a long line stuck behind me! The two guys right behind me finally started getting out of their cars to come push me and right when the guy was at the window I somehow got it started! I then wondered if every time I stopped this was going to happened and figured I should just turn around and call it a day. Well I chose to push on. I made it! Only to discover, because of driving in 100* heat with no AC, that my pants and but were wet! Nice. That'll give them something to talk about. As I was leaving my phone flashed on but I didn't have coverage! I got coverage once I was at State Street. And now I feel horrible because I forgot about calling Lynnette back until just now and it's 11:30 pm! Lynnette I am so sorry that I left that lady hanging and will call and apologize on Monday! Uggh. I think we ran poor Crush ragged on this trip!
So even through all of this I did have a good day but I am thrilled to be home and going to bed!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out