Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good-bye Portland...Hello Lincoln City::day four

We ate breakfast at our hotel cafe, 10-2-1. We were then on the road. Today didn't go exactly how we'd planned. We drove straight to the beach as planned but were shocked to get out to major wind and cold!!!! Our plan was to buy a kite and fly it on the beach known for just that. Didn't happen. Only two people were able to get their kites off the ground.

We still walked on the beach because this was Flower's first time and she was so excited!We walked toward the water so she could touch the ocean for the very first time!




We also wandered on the rocks and played in tide pools for a bit.


We're on top of the world!
We then went to lunch at Mo's. I had been looking forward to eating there since we first went there two years ago. It wasn't as good as I remembered but we left full so it wasn't bad. We walked right across the street to a lovely pink building for an ice cream treat. That afternoon was supposed to be filled with a Whale Watching Boat Tour in Depoe Bay. That didn't happen either. It was canceled due to fog and wind. That was a huge bummer. I was really looking forward to that. Instead we found our camp spot in Devils Lake and Flower and I took naps while KG put up the new wire/clips and re-hung all the back curtains.

It looks awesome and they're so much easier to use!
Here are the old clips and the nasty fabric before the new curtains.

This is the rod they went on. (the brown thing with the screw that sits above the window)Here is the new wire/clip method.So much more hip and pretty. :0)
Later Flower and I went for a walk and ended up getting Chinese take-out to bring back for dinner.

We walked on a bridge that went over the shortest river in the world!
That's as far as it goes on one side and it feeds into the ocean just beyond the bridge we were standing on.
We ate dinner on the picnic table outside the bus and then watched Definitely Maybe. I of course fell asleep shortly after it started. KG watched 10,000 B.C. after that. I did some interesting talking in my sleep too. KG was amused.

1 comment:

Audie said...

You guys look like you are having tons of fun. I wish I was there. I love Lincoln city! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out