Friday, July 11, 2008

Veneta and Eugene::day six

**Warning, this post is PG-13. Remember it is a Hippie fest and we just couldn't help our amusement with certain things. :0)
Today is the day I've been looking forward to the entire trip! We drove inland toward to Eugene stopping in Veneta for the Oregon Country Fair. It's basically a big hippie fest and this entire trip was planned around it. Originally we were going to stay all three days but once we found out you don't camp on-site, we opted for just one day, giving us the chance to see more of Oregon. I loved every minute of it! It's basically like a Hyde Park Street Fair times 50. Seriously. It was so big it was overwhelming. There was great music everywhere you went! The amount of booths was shocking and just a maze of paths that we kept getting lost in. I'm pretty sure we didn't see everything! There was also lots of parades! This will definitely be a tradition for our family every few years.






As soon as we got inside we went in search of brunch. We discovered a booth offering a ruby Nipple drink that looked so good. It did not disappoint. We also enjoyed the basil asiago ravioli, salad and homemade bread that went along with it!
There were people everywhere! This was the optimal people watching place and being the people lover that I am I really enjoyed the diversity!

Apparently painted titties was perfectly acceptable attire for some.







A book store in the middle of a forest...what could be better?


This was just hilarious! I can't even believe she didn't kick the kid in the head! Can you see the guy behind the kid trying to get a glance up her dress as well! :o)
Flower had so much fun dancing with this guy.



Oy Vay!










They had a huge kaleidoscope. You look through each side and can see each other. It's hard to see but this is KG.
This is Flower.
This is me.



There was an area to make free art. Flower loved it!





We got some some souvenirs. Flower chose a Cheshire looking cat necklace.
I liked the sun.
I also bought some handmade soap, once of my favorite simple pleasures in life.
After we left we continued in to Eugene and checked into our hotel. We stayed at the Econo Lodge.We then found a yummy Mexican restaurant for dessert.
And KG bought us some really great cookies for dessert.
A wonderful day was had!

3 comments:

Jana said...

What a blast!! It had to be overwhelming to the senses ... so much to see!!

Courtney said...

Oh my heck! I was totally at country fair on Friday too. I'm happy you had a great time. It was my first time going and am pretty sure it will be a yearly tradition too. It's a little easier for me since I live in Eugene though! Looks like you have really had a great time on your Oregon trip! And your daughter is SOOO cute!

Lynnette said...

Ok, I have been a bit behind on the blog but this is so cute. I can totally see you guys there! It was so good I sent Patti a message to read this blog. You rock! I am glad your having a great time!

Lynnette

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out