Monday, July 7, 2008

Portland::day three

Today was long and packed with fun!
We started out the morning with a breakfast of champions...our leftover doughnuts. That was just to tide us over until we got to the Zoo. We were out the door by 9:45. It was a day of riding the MAX. Flower thought it was cool. We liked the 'no traffic' factor! We are excited that we fit this in. Had we come into town Saturday night as originally planned, none of today's activities would have occurred! We ate in the restaurant just inside the zoo. This is by far the best zoo food we've ever eaten. By 11:00 it was off to see the animals! We spent almost 4 hours taking it all in. It was well worth the money. The weather was gorgeous all day!
I apologize in advance(well sort of, I guess since it's my journal, I don't have to apologize for anything I do!) for all the photos but since I'll be making a blog book of our trip, I want all the photos in there! (If you don't want to look at photos you can scan down for more activities.)
The bats were pretty sweet!
Check out the nads on that dude! :)


This guy just looks so sad! :(
These two were snobs! As soon as the other came down, they left and he just sat there staring at the ground. :(

What you can't see is the huge snake they are looking at behind the glass.
































This was gross. The little one was picking crap out of the big one's butt and eating it! Blech.
We stopped midday for a cool treat.












After the zoo we went to the Forestry Discovery Museum. We had it on our list and were delighted to find it right across the street from the zoo when we called to get directions from the zoo parking lot. :) This was fun but didn't have as many activities as I thought. Obviously we still had plenty to do and had fun.
KG enjoyed doing the parachute landing several times.


Flower got to learn how to plant a tree.

Doesn't she look cute with her little smoke jumper friend?

She loved how big this was. Can you see her up there in the driver's seat?

Aren't camera timers fun? :)


Flower is trying to steal the bears food! :0)



In one section there were videos of four different countries. It was really well done.
For the first video we got to sit in a train.

The next video brought a boat ride.Flower got to drive a jeep for the third video.
I was pretty scared. ;)
The fourth and final video was inside this box crane.
Nice butt.
Here is our interpretation of the totem pole. Also more camera timer fun! :-D




We really had a lot of fun and by 4:00 we were famished. We decided to get on the MAX and just see where it took us. We rode for about 40 minutes and decided to get off in Gresham. We walked the foot bridge across the freeway and decided the first restaurant we saw was where we'd eat. That would be Jim Dandy's. :) A little hole in the wall with YUMMY food. Our milkshakes compared to Fanci Freez which is the only place I'll eat them. KG had THE best hamburger either of us has ever eaten! I'm not sure what happened to all our photos from this portion of the day but the decor of the restaurant was very fun! Oh well. That adventure was definitely a success!
We are now back at the hotel and in for an early night.
Peace.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Did you watch the Bachelorette?!?!? I was pleasantly surprised at her choice.

ang :o) said...

I did! I would have been happy either way but I think she is going to have tons of carefree fun with Jesse. I'm watching the after the rose show right now.

Jana said...

I KNOW!!! My 12-year-old flipped the channel after the proposal, and I about bit his head off:). He couldn't believe I was tuning in for the after-the-rose show. Poor soul ... he was smitten ... and hurt.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out