Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Klamath, Crescent City, O'Brien, Grant's Pass, and Gold Hill::day eleven

This photo is from last night. Apparently this was the most comfortable position for Flower to watch TV. :)
This morning we didn't wake up till 10:00. Since we haven't eaten at the same restaurant twice thus far, we didn't want to start now, especially at one that wasn't that great the night before. Since it was the only choice in the city we decided to have a few crackers to tide us over until after our adventure and then eat in Crescent City.
We drove all the way across the street to the Trees of Mystery. Flower enjoyed sitting under the huge Babe the Blue Ox,
and Paul Bunyan. Actually when we were still in the parking lot Flower said to KG, "I need help because I'm scared that he's going to step on me." She was pretty nervous to walk near Paul.


Soon enough we were touring the forest. It was so beautiful and enchanting. Flower kept wanting to whisper. It was a really nice and relaxing walk.










I really don't think we'll have any trouble not molesting the trees and shrubs but I'm sure glad they reminded us! Phew!









This would be such an amazing place to get married!













Up, up and away! Flower LOVED riding in the sky trail!




We had a great lookout spot at the top of the mountain but unfortunately it was so foggy we didn't have a view.


I got this goddy glass ring in the gift shop and think it's kind of fun.
It was still worth going though just to see Flower's excitement on the ride!
And away we go, back down the mountain.


I am so happy that I took photos of each sign. With a kid in tow it was hard to read them all and I've actually read them all as I've posted them and learned quite a lot.


The next sign made us laugh.





















I love you and you and you! :)


Good-bye trees of mystery and thanks for the memories.
We had no idea we'd spend as much time as we did there, not getting done until after 1:00. By this time we were starving! We stopped at The Apple Peddler in Crescent City.
I think that is the cutest name and they had the cutest little decor. The food was excellent as well.




We found out that they had a cheese factory in Crescent City. Thinking they did tours and had a test room, we thought it would be fun. We were having trouble finding it and that's because they moved since putting out the brochure. They no longer do tours but they did have the cheese to taste. We got some yummy cheeses and beef sticks which made KG's day. He is such a cheese guy. I like it too but not as much as him and he likes a bigger variety. Flower is very much taking after him in that department.
We were now saying good-bye to the coast and were on our way towards Medford. We took the 199 through the Redwoods. We had to stop in O'Brien for gas and it was a good thing because I was about to become Pukey McPuke! That road was so twisty road. Blech.
Check out this small town's police car!
The fresh air and yummy ice cream from this cute cabboose was all I needed. We sat at a picnic table and enjoyed ourselves for a bit.
We stopped in Grant's Pass to have dinner at Musashi. We all shared two sushi rolls and some terriyaki chicken.
Finally we rolled into our camp spot in Gold Hill. We were delighted to see that they had a pool! Maybe we could finally break out the swimsuits on this trip!

We played a few rounds of Hi Ho! Cherry-O and listened to my ipod. I was having withdrawals for some of my music. I am loving 'I Kissed a Girl' and 'Disturbia' among others right now.

After we put Flower to bed we played Ruckus which is another game we bought at the beloved toy store in Florence. It is really fun and we can't wait to try it with four people. We also decided to change our travel plans. It shall remain top secret for now.
We spent the rest of the night doing puzzles books next to each other until we fell asleep. KG picked them up at Fred Meyer, crosswords for me, math and logic problems for him. Doing puzzle books together is one of our favorite things! Sometimes we get the same book so we can race each other with each puzzle. :o)

1 comment:

A-me said...

OMG! Totally forgot about that road until you mentioned the Pukey McPuke comments. Back in 1997 my girlfriend and I went on a road trip to follow one of our fav artists to I think 3 or 4 shows.. I was driving that stretch of the road.. and I started to get sick and I was the one driving... so I asked her to drive a bit and it just got worse.. so we switched back again. It was insane! Oh and FYI I don't get car sick, sea sick or any of that lovelyness.. it's just that stretch of road.. there should be warning signs or something.

Looks like a whole lotta fun! :)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out