Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gold Beach and Klamath::day ten

This morning was really nice when we woke up. No wind. Yahoo! Here is our camp spot. Nothing special but just beyond the bushes and fence is the ocean.

We went to Grant's for brunch and the food was yummy.
Then we went to Myrtlewood. It's a beautiful shop of wood creations. Flower had fun sitting on the rocking chair and touching everything.
We purchased a pretty cheese slicer. The one we had broke and we used it often!

The photo of Flower with the carved walking stick and the bison below are especially for Grandpa Jensen. :)
Appleworks was a cute little store that was attached.
We bought some of this really good caramel corn that is pretty much like puffed corn. There are no kernels and no hulls. It's scrumptious.
We also bought this body butter to keep in the bus. It's smells so good! Mmmm.
We went to a beach because it was finally warm today! It was still only 60* but there was no wind and boy does that make all the difference. We spent about four hours there and we were in heaven. I can't even tell you how happy I was that we finally got to do this for KG. He loves the ocean and beach so much and I know he wanted to do certain things with Flower and we finally did today.

Flower got her swim suit and trucks on and was ready to go. It was a bit cold by the bus can you tell? :)
Check out the 'sand dunes' on the beach.
We had to walk down a steep, rocky incline to get to the sand. When we finally did we were in heaven! It was so warm I couldn't believe it! We immediately took off our shoes to bask in the warmth. And then it was so hot! Seriously burning our feet hot. Yowsa. Go figure, it's either freezing or burning but I wasn't complaining! I'll take it over the cold. We just put our shoes back on to get through the fire hot sand dunes. Once we were by the water it was so perfect. Gosh I just loved it!
I love footprints in the sand.
These are Flower's.
These are mine.These are all three of us.
Our main goal was to find sand dollars. They are my favorite! I love the flower design. It wasn't meant to be. We just found pieces of them or whole ones with the pretty part bludgeoned out by the the stupid birds. We sure had fun looking though.
There were lots of crab shells.
Nice little jelly fish.
It was very fun to teach Flower about finding neat things, like pretty rock and shells, and putting them in her bucket. There are a couple of shells that I can hardly wait to make into necklaces for her.

There was a little waterfall coming down the side of the mountain onto the beach.









Flower dared her daddy to get onto that rock that was pretty deep in the water.
Of course KG wouldn't disappoint.

He got super close and then realized it was deep enough to soak him so he ran back.
But that was only to give me the towel and his wallet, then he meant business.


And he made it!




Too bad he had to soak his pants to get off the rock! Flower thought he was pretty cool.
Sadly, we found the remains of a seal. :(









Flower had so much fun with KG looking for crabs under the rocks. I went about halfway with them and after I took the crab photos I turned back because my ankle just couldn't take anymore. I went to lay out on the nice hot beach and texted a friend in Boise. :) Kris had given me a brace of Jerry's to use on the beach but I forgot it in the bus. The sand actually didn't bother it until the very end, it was just the rock climbing.

We walked all the way into the lush green cove until we couldn't go any further. It was a long way.
From there we couldn't see the bus,
unless we zoomed in as far as our camera would allow.
We soon turned around and made the trek back.













We drove to Klamath and checked into our motel. It worked out that we camp for three nights, then stay in a hotel for one night for the entire trip. It gives us a chance to shower and redo the hair and that lasts the next three days, limiting what we have to do while camping. :) It has worked really well.
There is a restaurant next to the motel, Forest Cafe, so that's where we ate dinner. It was ok. The appetizer was great as well as KG's food. I loved my strawberry daquirri but my food was not good and I sent it back. They took it off the bill and offered me a free replacement but I always feel so bad complaining so I just accepted the refund and didn't take a replacement. They were really nice about it. Ah well, ya can't win them all. They did have some fun decore.

We stayed in the room the rest of the night and chilaxed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I Love your beach pictures!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out