Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day Parade.

July 24th is Pioneer Day for our church. If you'd like to know more about this meaningful holiday to us you can go here. I admire and hold in such high esteem what our ancestors went through on our behalf! There is definitely a reason I was born now, rather than then. I don't think I could have handled everything they went through physically, let alone the persecution they endured for their beliefs. They are amazing people and I am so grateful for my ancestors that traveled across the plains for me.
Today our stake celebrated them by doing a run/walk/bike race, pancake breakfast and parade. Flower and I went for the breakfast and parade as that was the earliest I could pull myself out of bed. I ended up talking to Raeaunn until 2:30 in the morning! I love middle of the night conversations with good friends and miss it so much! I enjoyed seeing some fun people. Flower was totally enamored with Laurie Dunkley! She has only met her twice but wow was she loving her. People Flower knows and loves even received the cold shoulder but not Laurie. I forgot to mention in our trip blogs that we ran into Kari Dunkley, her daughter Audrie and Kari's mom at the Newport Oregon Aquarium! We couldn't believe it!
So onto the parade. This was the highlight of Flower's morning. She and Tianna, a little girl in nursery with her, held hands the entire time and were completely in their own little world and loving every minute of it!



Soon they were out of the parade and going the wrong direction! But that didn't matter to them.

I have a special place in my heart for Tianna since she started nursery when I was nursery leader. She would SCREAM every Sunday for months because she didn't want to be there. I would hold her and try to distract her and eventually she gained trust for me and she could rely on sitting on my lap and getting all the stories she wanted! She is now going to be in Sunbeam's next year and wow has she progressed! She runs in now and plays and loved to play with Jovie and Flower. Those three are the only girls and they sure stick together! Flower missed Jovie at the parade and can hardly wait to see her at church. She has been missing her for three weeks!
Wishing you a peaceful Saturday.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out