Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gold Hill::day twelve

Are you ready for our top secret plans? It was nothing! We chose to stay an extra day in Gold Hill so we could do nothing! It has been so nice. It's the first day of the trip that we didn't drive somewhere or go do something that required getting ready. It felt so nice not to have to pack up and spend more time driving. It's been wonderfully relaxing. We just pushed the whole trip back a day. It was mostly so we could be here to swim all day. This morning Flower was up at 7:00 and for the first time on this trip, I was the one to get up with her. I am so spoiled! She played for a bit and I read and before I knew it we were back to sleep and none of us woke again till 10:00. :) We had breakfast of cereal that we have in the cupboard. KG and Flower went swimming while I wrote my blog for yesterday's events, texted and read. I got an email with some bummer news from B today. Gosh it totally sucks. I hope they're both doing ok.
We had lunch of cheese, from the factory, and crackers and then Flower took a nap. When she woke up I was very excited to go swimming.
I love to swim and even though I've gotten in the pool once at the clubhouse, this was my first real swim since last year. I love the water! I had fun showing Flower back flips and front flips and tornadoes and hand stands and swimming under water.
I also had lots of fun playing with her.

We went under water so many times!
















KG played with the camera a bit and highlighted the water color making everything else black and white.







Then he highlighted her pink suit.

And then the blue goggles.
KG decided to join us after a bit and we were so excited! We all swam together for quite a while and then I was ready to lay out. Naturally I had to take some photos too!



Finally we were all hungry for dinner. We walked about a mile to town.

We ate at Patti's Kitchen.
On the way home both KG and Flower had to use the bathroom so they walked a bit faster. I took my time, taking photos of some of the things I enjoy looking at as I walk.
Pussy willow bring back some fond memories! When I was young, the hoodlums I hung out with and I would pull these out and chase eat other around the neighborhood whipping each other with them! Ah...good times. :)



This beautiful hill is right above our camp spot.
And all the others are surrounding us.


And this my friends is the camp spot right next to ours. I've never seen anything like it. He brought his bedroom with him to the outdoors! There's a tv, dvd player, game system, drums, coffee table, a fan and I'm pretty sure he wasn't even done setting up yet! And I thought I was bad having the laptop!
Hope your week is finishing up nicely! I know ours is.
Peace.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out